Motor Madness, a Vehicle Handling Mod

(3rd, and 1st POV... eventually)

This mod is purely what I wanted my vehicles to behave like in SRTT.

This mod is not intended to portray realism, or reflect any opinion of mine on the original intentions of the developers and/or the results thereof.

I am open to suggestions, that are attainable. I do not intend others to work on top of this mod or use it as a base until I have "finished" it to include at least a wide base of vehicle choices, which will eventually include both 3rd person POV and 1st person POV (based on another mod yet to be named until inclusion).

I probably won't upload any flying vehicles, tanks or special vehicles...except the GatMobile, I got plans for that one. Wink, wink; nudge, nudge. Aye?!

Included so far:

1. Folder named "3POV", signifying Third Person Point of View, containing the following:

a. A sub-folder(s) with "3POV" and the name(s) for a vehicle(s), that includes:
-Two files, one with a vehicle name, one for camera view. Install your choice of vehicles, both files copy/paste into your SRTT game folder.
b. A sub-folder with "3POV" and "MERGED" in the name, that includes:
-An xtbl file with all vehicles as of yet added that adjusts camera POV due to acceleration when viewed from third person. One file, all vehicle cameras merged together; use this instead of any other vehicle_camera.xtbl if you want all vehicle camera adjustments as I intend. !!!IMPORTANT!!!Install last, if you install each vehicle separately, by copy/paste AFTER all vehicle folder contents have been installed with intention of having all cameras adjusted by my modifications.

2. This description, word for word, in a text file.

INSTALLATION:

1-Use extraction software to extract "Vehicle Handling x.xx" folder to a temporary location. Open the folder in Explorer.
2-Read the readme text (this description) in entirety, especially "'Included so far', subsection '1'" above and what follows it.
3-Choose which vehicles identified by folder, open folder and copy/paste the two files in your chosen folder into your SRTT game folder.
4-If you wish to use ALL vehicles included so far, open the folder with "MERGED" in the name and copy/paste it into your SRTT folder, overwriting the one you copy/pasted in "Included so far, step 1.b." above and "!!!IMPORTANT!!!" above... above.
5-If unclear on installation, read this full description twice more. :)

Details of what this mod actually does, version 0.01:
-Infuego: Camera adjustment to reflect speed and acceleration, 3rd person POV. Handling and gravitational adjustments to keep realism through camera adjustments. Meant to be Uber-quick transport, every Saints Homie on the street has a chance to be driving one by default. Morningstar may behave differently than expected driving this vehicle. It is fast and sticky.

-Hammerhead: Camera adjustment to reflect speed and acceleration, 3rd person POV. Handling, physics, audio...itsa different car entirely. Very quick, responsive and easy to lose control of...but also easy to control with patience and adaptation. One of my favorite cars in SR series. VERY fast, responsive but feels "light" in the ass. Power, but not a lot of traction, and still drivable.
UPDATE-Adjustments to everything. Quick, fast, responsive like nothing else, sticks to the ground...and you might still crash it.
-Kenshin: Camera adjustment to reflect speed and acceleration, 3rd person POV. Handling, physics, steering/leaning, and aerodynamics. Very quick, responsive and you can jump without crashing everytime. I hope. I recommend adjusting your tweak_table.xtbl entry "Motorcycle_passenger_eject_deceleration" to "1500" or more for optimal pleasure.

-Torch: Camera adjustment to reflect speed and acceleration, 3rd person POV. Handling, physics, steering, aerodynamics, drifting...totally new car. Fast in higher gears. Low profile feel, no drag. Responsive handling, sticky, but can loose traction if pushed. This car is for breaking BIG AIR records...it can almost fly. Crazy changes to xtbl in order to get the results. Probably end being the car with the greatest lift and still be able to stay on the ground if you hit a rock in the road. (see screenshots of some higher "lift"settings results)

-Bootlegger: Camera adjustment to reflect speed and acceleration, 3rd person POV. Handling, , audio parameters, physics, steering, aerodynamics, drifting, engine, transmission...new car. More responsive, higher engine output, possible catastrophic collision. Push for burn outs. Should feel a lot different. Optimal tire sliders: 20x3 normal>front, 20x4 normal>rear...and as with all my adjustments, full upgrade!
-A camera file merging all the above, in a separate folder.

-This full description, word for word.

**Wishlist:
~A group of 8 xtbl files adjusting POV to First Person, based on ][those to be yet named][ mods, merged for all vehicles uploaded under this POV folder, for each vehicle I've already uploaded.

~A folder for each vehicle I have modified and uploaded, [including the files each folder/vehicle: one for vehicle physics, [8 for camera view]].

Attachments

• Vehicle Handling 0.03.zip
    72.9 KB · Views: 510
  • Vehicle Handling 0.04.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 931
Last edited:
PS-Install either only one vehicle or all, as each uses "vehicle_cameras.xtbl" file. REPEAT: Using any single vehicle install will overwrite any prior camera file. If you don't want a certain camera adjusted, use WinMerge or something to merge "vehicle_cameras.xtbls" as you see fit, or don't copy/paste the "vehicle_cameras.xtbl" file. :)

Added/updated: Torch, with 3rd POV camera and merged cameras.
-Notes: So far, in both SRTT and SRIV, this is the only vehicle I have been able to adjust Aerodynamics and other settings to get BIG AIR bonuses...500ft jumps are possible. Fun screenshots:
SaintsRowTheThird_DX11 2017-03-26 12-00-15.png SaintsRowTheThird_DX11 2017-03-26 11-28-01.png SaintsRowTheThird_DX11 2017-03-26 11-16-15.png SaintsRowTheThird_DX11 2017-03-26 11-14-35.png SaintsRowTheThird_DX11 2017-03-26 10-40-54.png

BTW, last image above is BIG AIR from hitting a pedestrian (and lift set at an awkwardly high offset value), and suddenly I was airborne...until finally @ 6000+ I hit the "barrier" and the vehicle fell in water or something. At 5000ft there in the image, it had just told me "The Saints need you in Steelport" so there was 1000ft or more that I couldn't even see my vehicle anymore.

Fun, this modding... :D

Video Demo of the Hammerhead
Maintaining momentum was pretty tricky around corners and traffic. I took multiple retakes going around the same road so I could get decent footage.

Last edited:
Try: wider tires.

I did all my adjustments to portray some significance in customizing. Upgrades really help, but tire size does actually play a part. This vehicle was meant to be really quick. Also, not sure if you have a suggestion or if you are just making a review..? :)

EDIT: to add-

-also, I use keyboard and mouse, holding the handbrake and forward (gas, I suppose) make a difference in how you can make a corner. If you just slow (let off the acceleration) and time your turn, you are likely to make it with pretty high speed.

The video is more of a preview for people browsing mods. It is really for fun though.

I like the challenge of the handling right now. Suggestion: I think it would be interesting if the car is more slippery around corners, greater grip in high speeds (down-force), and greater gear ratio (so the gear shifts feel "punchy"). Then again, this is probably where this mod is going anyway...

Let me demo for you.
The video is more of a preview for people browsing mods. It is really for fun though.

I like the challenge of the handling right now. Suggestion: I think it would be interesting if the car is more slippery around corners, greater grip in high speeds (down-force), and greater gear ratio (so the gear shifts feel "punchy"). Then again, this is probably where this mod is going anyway...
I'll see what I can do, "punchy" gear shifts is what I originally looked to do. It is difficult to get all the different settings to cooperate.

Back