Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

A question on CustomizationItemClone: is it possible to clone out of mod vpp_pc files; e.g., files downloaded from Steam Workshop? Specifically, I am trying to clone the old Hot Boots out of your SRTT Clothing Mod and a standard invocation of CustomizationItemClone won't find cf_llk_foot_f_latexboots. I've tried dropping the vpp_pc file from the mod into the packfiles/pc/cache directory (no luck), tried temporarily renaming the mod's packfile to customization_items.vpp_pc in the cache directory (no luck) and specifying the mod directory in the settings.json file, which results in a "NullReferenceException: object reference is not set to an instance of an object" error.

I also tried to clone the Hot Boots with the Extended Wardrobe 1.2 mod installed, which does work but unfortunately also only gets the vidchecker for the upper thighs in the mesh. I tried manually extracting from the SRTT Clothing Mod and substituting the meshfiles into the cloned item directory but just bombs out when I try to repack, so... I haven't tried manually adding the appropriate customization_items.xtbl section to the root SRIV file, though, I'll give that a shot. (EDIT: this also doesn't work)

Hey i've been trying to use the CustomizationItemClone tool, but no matter what item i try to clone, it throws an exception

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone cf_pse_lbdy_f_shortshorts this_is_a_test
Mapping mesh cm_pse_lbdy_f_shortshorts.cmeshx -> cm_this_is_a_test.cmeshx
Mapping mesh cf_pse_lbdy_f_shortshorts.cmeshx -> cf_this_is_a_test.cmeshx

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: materialSize != material.DataSize - 456 != 488
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Meshes.StaticMesh.StaticMesh..ctor(Stream s)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ProcessCCMesh(IPackfileEntry oldFile, String oldName, String newName)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ClonePackfile(IGameInstance sriv, String packfileName, String clothSimFilename, String outputFolder, IAssetAssemblerFile newAsm, String oldName, String newName, String newStr2Filename)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.Main(String[] args)

or have it on pastebin

Thanks for your help in advance!

EDIT: Rev121 seems to be okay, only the Rev128 hands out errors.

Last edited:
whenever I run the updater and select SRTT it just stops working and it is only for SRTT idk why it started doing this now

Hey i've been trying to use the CustomizationItemClone tool, but no matter what item i try to clone, it throws an exception

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone cf_pse_lbdy_f_shortshorts this_is_a_test
Mapping mesh cm_pse_lbdy_f_shortshorts.cmeshx -> cm_this_is_a_test.cmeshx
Mapping mesh cf_pse_lbdy_f_shortshorts.cmeshx -> cf_this_is_a_test.cmeshx

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: materialSize != material.DataSize - 456 != 488
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Meshes.StaticMesh.StaticMesh..ctor(Stream s)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ProcessCCMesh(IPackfileEntry oldFile, String oldName, String newName)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ClonePackfile(IGameInstance sriv, String packfileName, String clothSimFilename, String outputFolder, IAssetAssemblerFile newAsm, String oldName, String newName, String newStr2Filename)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.Main(String[] args)

or have it on pastebin

Thanks for your help in advance!

EDIT: Rev121 seems to be okay, only the Rev128 hands out errors.
Rev121 was doing the wrong thing here and working by luck. Rev128 has more correctness checks but they fail (because I'm still doing something wrong)!

For now, continue to use Rev121. I'll add a link to the main post. This needs fixing properly though :(

Your sound bank extractor do fill up the lipsync tag of the .xml it create.
This make me wondering.
Do the data it created in the lipsync tag is valid? (so we only need to get a way to pack it back)
Yes, it should be fine. I just don't know how to interpret the data I get.

Is there a way to makes clones off the SR:TT clothing items on the workshop?

Back