Could someone fix insurance fraud?

Well finally decided to slog through the extremely buggy release that is SR2 and I noticed a lot of issues (even with gentlemen of the row and powertools slowing my cpu speed down to around what the 360 has) In insurance fraud half the time falls and damage aren't registered making it frustrating as all hell to work with.

Outside of that I'm just shocked it was even released on pc with how buggy the port is (a physics engine that seems to screw up regularly, many random ctds,randomly stopping the ammo count from counting so you have no clue how much ammo you actually have & the same for money) .

Can only hope that 1 and 2 get remastered and re-released on pc eventually in a state that actually works well eh.

Update: just had another weird bug with insurance fraud where time ran out as adrenaline filled and it just let me keep going and pass despite having been well out of time... my gawd is this release buggy.

What you described aren't really bugs. It will only count falls if you press the trigger(or mouse click) in the allowed areas. yeah it's a little annoying, but it's not really a bug.

For the adrenaline thing, do you mean the timer ran out while you we're gliding around the map? if so, that is not a bug. when you land, it should end. if it's something else, then it's a bug.

Are you sure you installed gotr correctly? it fixes a lot of issues you mentioned. So I'm thinking you either installed it wrong or you're computer just can't handle the game.

IIRC, while adrenalin is active, it will only deplete when you are not actively racking up money. It will also delay the end of the activity until it runs out.

As for actually earning money, as Wertologist said, it only counts damage taken if you yourself pratfall before taking hits. If you don't pratfall, you take normal heath damage and it is not counted as fraud money.

What you described aren't really bugs. It will only count falls if you press the trigger(or mouse click) in the allowed areas. yeah it's a little annoying, but it's not really a bug.

For the adrenaline thing, do you mean the timer ran out while you we're gliding around the map? if so, that is not a bug. when you land, it should end. if it's something else, then it's a bug.

Are you sure you installed gotr correctly? it fixes a lot of issues you mentioned. So I'm thinking you either installed it wrong or you're computer just can't handle the game.

Actually, the insurance fraud not ranking the damage's money when the trigger/mouse click isn't pressed is a bug. On the PS3, the game rank the money at ALL time when you get hit without pressing any button (as long as you're in the zone). If you haven't noticed, you're not invulnerable either when you're not pressing any button/trigger. That's also a bug which is not present on the PS3 version. While in insurance fraud, you're supposed to be invulnerable at all time and you're not supposed to be able to use any attacks. Every cars are also supposed to never brake/stop. (The chaos mode cheat uses this as part of its chaotic lawless result.)

On the PS3, the triggers have 2 uses : Allow better controls over the ragdoll effect (you can even move around in a ragdoll state if your hold the trigger) as well as initiating an easier push from cars' hit.

On PC, the physic of the engine have been tweaked in a wrong way and the trigger doesn't allow better controls over the ragdoll unless it's in "air mode" (when you don't touch the ground for an amount of time and the money starts raising over time) and the damages aren't counting anymore unless you have pressed the trigger. Another sub-bug to that effect is that whenever you stand up after hitting the ground, even if you keep pressing the trigger (but aren't back in the ragdoll mode as the standing animation isn't finished), you don't get any money out of it either which makes the insurance fraud a real pain in the butt as you get dragged/thrown around by rushing car without being able to stand up again and "ragdoll" your way around.

As a matter of example of how the physic have been wrongly tweaked, on PC, you can fall off a motorcycle by hitting anything including cardboard boxes or tiny rocks, even if you move really slowly and the thrown is like if you were hitting it at full speed. (I noticed this with the motocycle race in the dirt track in the mountain. The bike doesn't steer or land the same way as on PS3.)

I got both the game on PS3 and PC and I tried the same thing with both games next to each other and the results are 100% different.

Actually, the insurance fraud not ranking the damage's money when the trigger/mouse click isn't pressed is a bug. On the PS3, the game rank the money at ALL time when you get hit without pressing any button (as long as you're in the zone). If you haven't noticed, you're not invulnerable either when you're not pressing any button/trigger. That's also a bug which is not present on the PS3 version. While in insurance fraud, you're supposed to be invulnerable at all time and you're not supposed to be able to use any attacks. Every cars are also supposed to never brake/stop. (The chaos mode cheat uses this as part of its chaotic lawless result.)

On the PS3, the triggers have 2 uses : Allow better controls over the ragdoll effect (you can even move around in a ragdoll state if your hold the trigger) as well as initiating an easier push from cars' hit.

On PC, the physic of the engine have been tweaked in a wrong way and the trigger doesn't allow better controls over the ragdoll unless it's in "air mode" (when you don't touch the ground for an amount of time and the money starts raising over time) and the damages aren't counting anymore unless you have pressed the trigger. Another sub-bug to that effect is that whenever you stand up after hitting the ground, even if you keep pressing the trigger (but aren't back in the ragdoll mode as the standing animation isn't finished), you don't get any money out of it either which makes the insurance fraud a real pain in the butt as you get dragged/thrown around by rushing car without being able to stand up again and "ragdoll" your way around.

As a matter of example of how the physic have been wrongly tweaked, on PC, you can fall off a motorcycle by hitting anything including cardboard boxes or tiny rocks, even if you move really slowly and the thrown is like if you were hitting it at full speed. (I noticed this with the motocycle race in the dirt track in the mountain. The bike doesn't steer or land the same way as on PS3.)

I got both the game on PS3 and PC and I tried the same thing with both games next to each other and the results are 100% different.
I'm pretty sure the PC port is ported from the 360 version. On the 360 version, I'm pretty sure the bugs you mentioned don't exist. I'm pretty sure they ported it from the 360 because it's likely the simplest platform to port to PC. PS wouldn't be that good. 360 is microsoft and they do computers so it's relatively easier to port that way. Any differences you're noticing from PC to PS3 are not exclusive to the PC. The PS3 is the odd one out.

Back