I'm having pretty much the same problem as Golem II with JediDave's mod and this one. I followed the same steps with the asm file and my save file won't load. It freezes when I try to load it. Did anyone ever figure anything out?
JediDave's mod is still incompatible, unfortunately, I didn't get to that yet. Sorry, I'm quite busy with some Saints Row IV projects right now (Crib Mod, more specifically) but I'll try to come back to this one once I'm done.
Edit: Also, if I have only Things To Do (both the family and naughty versions) installed, upon completing the first mission, my character is invisible in in the character creation screen and I can change the character's voice but I can't change the character's sex.
If I exit character creator, my character is invisible, both in cutscenes and in-game.
I have tested this multiple times with only these two mods and it keeps happening.
If I exit the game and load the auto save, the character is visible but it is the male voice 1, which wasn't what I picked (it was Female Voice 1). I know I installed the mod properly so there must be something wrong with it?
I tried this new version and my character is still invisible in the character creator and in-game following the opening mission. This is still the only mod I have installed and I am still having this problem.
I started having this problem after I installed this mod and JediDave's mod but then uninstalled all the mods I used and reinstalled only v3.1 of Things to Do and I still have the problem. In any case, something isn't working. I'd appreciate it if someone could offer some help or fix the mod or something. Thanks.
What? Seriously? There's no way for this to be fixed or the Image as Designed problem to be fixed another way?
I'm going to have to play as the default male character for like an hour until I can change my character's appearance at Image as Designed in the open world when I get there? That's kind of a deal breaker for me.
Is there a way to remove the Image as Designed fix until I'm done with the character creator the first time?
Sigh. I guess I'll try picking and choosing some mods on my own or waiting and seeing if this problem ever gets properly fixed or just stick with SR4. Oh well.
Yeah, this might be related to Erza Scarlet's Image As Design fix (it replaces character lineup menu with Image As Designed one so we can enter it via Sandbox+) but I'm unsure how exactly. I'll investigate this one soon, hopefully.
Yeah, that happens.
I'm guessing it's from the Image as Designed fix, in which case fixing it would result in breaking Image as Designed any other time you go to visit it.
The workaround is simple. Just exit character creation, and when you hit the plane, save and reload.
It'll take you back to the jail cutscene, and you should be visible as the default male character.
You'll have to complete that mission like that, though, because the character moves off-screen if you pull up IaD through the hotkeys due to the movement of the plane.
That's a good workaround for now, stick to it until I and Erza find any actual solution.
1. going into the option menu and changing your display settings wont work every time i reloaded the game the settings would default. a temporary fix for this is to go into your games base folder find the display.ini config file and edit your options there make sure to set the to read and write as in uncheck the read only box first though.
It's because of the new launcher, it makes 'display.ini' file read-only. It's to prevent the game from swapping settings unexpectedly (for example, I found out that it switches shadow quality to medium every time I minimize the game). You can change anything you want in this new launcher though. It also includes some new options which aren't available in the regular menu, mess around with it a bit. :)
2. when driving around with car mass hole cheat for whatever god aweful reason the cement trucks completely and literally flatten my cars making it annoying to get around. this needs to be fixed pronto. to replicate this bug do a fresh install of the game then install this mod alone and drive around with car mass hole cheat on.
I feel like the heavy trucks mod slipped into the main files by accident, or at least the angular dampening files, as I'm replicating this without the mass hole cheat.
I intended to make Longhauler and Mule crush other vehicles by default, actually, they're the biggest trucks in the game. I thought it could make them unique amongst all other ones. Heavy trucks add-on simply gives that ability to the other trucks but these two are included in the default build intentionally. If you don't like that feature, simply remove 'truck_2dr_construct01_veh.xtbl' and 'truck_2dr_mover01_veh.xtbl' files from the game folder, they don't include any other changes.
Does this come with an installer like GoS? There are some mods I don't want in my game.
Nah, I'm not planning to make this customizable, it's just a compilation of improvements and enhancements. If you don't like specific mods, list them and I'll do my best to help you with removing these.
I like all but one mod here, and that one mod is Reasonable Body Sliders, why? Well, lets just say it ruins my feng-shui of character creation, trough extensive practice I created the perfect character (to me, at the very least), well, not really practice, more like an YouTuber who happened to have the ability to create masterpieces and decided to share his recipe with his viewers, and then me, as the uncreative mass I'm, replicated it, but regardless, that still doesn't change the fact that "Reasonable Body Sliders" kicks a part of that recipe into a neutron star, so I wonder, can I unninstal that mod but keep the rest of the pack intact? If yes, how? (Same with the SR4 version of this pack). EDIT: In the page for the mod in question it is written that to unninstal the mod all it takes is deleting a file (forgot wich one), would it be the same for this mod pack's version of it? Or would a more complexo procedure be required? EDIT2: I just found out the "Realistic Eye Textures", ALSO ruin my feng-shui, so is there a way to delete it too?
I think the Reasonable Body Slider Mod is what's causing a lot of noticeable clipping issues on clothing that I like to use.
You can get rid of Reasonable Body Slider Mod by simply deleting 'player_creation.xtbl' from your install folder. It's the same file in both versions of the pack. It gets a bit trickier when we're talking about Realistic Eye Textures though, as removing it also requires updating ASM_PC files. I might do that for you later but you have to tell me if you're using Naughty Edition first, as it's different there.
The game crashes on load, it runs just fine without the mod (and with GOS for that matter, I unninstalled it before installing this mod of course), but when I add the mod the game crashes when I try to load it, I have a sneaky suspicion it is because my computer isn't powerful enough for this mod (my PC is pretty bad), as I tested it two times, one with the game on Ultra and another with it on Low, both times it crashed, but it took a lot longer to crash on Low than it did on Ultra, on Ultra it crashed a few seconds in the loading screen, on Low it also crashed, but I think it was after the loading screen, as 20 seconds in the loading screen, the game half-CTD (I say "half" because the game was minimized and I couldn't see it, but I still heard the music from the loading screen and the game was still running (also, my cursor wasn't back to normal, it was the Saints Row 3 one, as if I was in the game)), 2 seconds after the music stopped and the game continued running in the background, then I heard a gunshot (I was clicking a lot, so I have a suspicion the game loaded and recognized my clicking, and as such, shot a gun), after that the screen went black and a few seconds later the game CTD'd for good and stopped running, also, another detail is that halfway trough the loading screen, before it did the half-CTD thing, the music stopped playing and a few seconds afterwards it started playing again, this supports my theory of my PC not being strong enough since I remember accidentaly putting it on Ultra a few months ago and it did the same thing with the music (it still loaded that time, it was very laggy obviously, but it didn't CTD, with the mod loaded on it did, as I said before, it did CTD, but it also did on Low), as I said before, I have a increasing suspicious of my PC not being powerful enough, wich I doubt, since when I used GOS it runned fine enough on my Custom Medium-to-High settings, but this mod IS larger that GOS, so, you have any suggestions as the cause to this?
It might be New Textures Project, it's quite heavy if you have a weak GPU. Lucky for you, someone already asked me for that before so there's a patch. Check this post and tell me if it helped in any way. Just make sure to remove Gentlemen of Steelport first, obviously.
Hey, hope I'm too late getting to this to get any support.

I like the mod compilation, really useful, great.

But is there a way to deactivate specific mods within it, that someone clueless like me could do?
Hey there, of course not. I've just been quite busy with Saints Row IV, that's all. I'm still willing to support this pack though. I've already explained how to remove Reasonable Body Slider Mod above, if you have any other requests feel free to post them and I might get you covered. :)

Last edited:
So I got to IAD per the workaround and everything but the hair is still invisible (possibly because reloading didn't return me to the default character?).

Edit: a second attempt loaded the default char, who changes normally in IAD now

Last edited:
Please, remove the launcher. That piece of software is stupid.
Force the game to run at Ultra instead of existing graphic settings cause my game to crash so many times.

Last edited:
Please, remove the launcher. That piece of software is stupid.
Force the game to run at Ultra instead of existing graphic settings cause my game to crash so many times.
Can't you change the settings in the launcher? What's the matter?

so i am back finally , and i now need my issue fixed (sorry kinda tired after exams) so where was i ..
hmm yes sr3 crashes for me at load screen when i start a new game (psst i requested the no tex change patch)
i am using the v 2.9 the one compatible with the patch, i uninstalled things to do in steelport , reinstalled it , put the normal patch (not the no outfit change one) and then the naughty patch , but still the game crashes , i do indeed have a poor pc (might it be the settings?)

Update:- It indeed was the display.ini , i read the thread and realized that /ticket

Last edited:
the game crash during the first mission

and btw, how can I make every vehicle that saints crews drive have all performance upgrade as default (similar to Nitro booster upgrade perk)?

Back