Cannot taunt while naked; constant streaking tutorial messages while naked

So here's an interesting one: if you are naked for whatever reason, it is impossible to taunt. In SRTT this was expected, since to streak you had to hit the taunt button twice. In SRIV though the configuration has changed, and now (at least on PC) you hold a different button (Z) to start streaking. Despite this taunting is still impossible, even though the taunt button is not involved in initiating streaking at all. No matter how many times you hit the taunt button nothing will happen if you don't have on something in one of the bra, upper body, lower body, underwear, or suit slots.

Also related: every single time you touch the ground while naked you get a tutorial popup, complete with audio cue, telling you how to streak. This can get old VERY fast since it triggers any time your feet leave the ground and then touch down again.

As an intermediary work-around for both issues for anyone who likes to spend their game running around naked: purchase the "Show Off Your Guns Armband" from Let's Pretend. It occupies the Upper Body slot but only covers your character's left elbow, yet is still enough for you to no longer be considered naked. You can't streak despite your chest being completely uncovered, but you also can now taunt and don't get spammed to death by tutorial messages.

Edit: Answered my own questions. :)

The next patch will allow taunts when naked and also adds a delay to the streaking message. You can also control this message in the table file streaking.xtbl with the table file value Message_Delay. This is an optional integer and defaults to 60 seconds (note this value is in milliseconds, so 60 seconds is 60,000). If you set it to -1 the message will never show.

Last edited:
Edit: Answered my own questions. :)

The next patch will allow taunts when naked and also adds a delay to the streaking message. You can also control this message in the table file streaking.xtbl with the table file value Message_Delay. This is an optional integer and defaults to 60 seconds (note this value is in milliseconds, so 60 seconds is 60,000). If you set it to -1 the message will never show.
This beta is now published here.

I wish the taunting while naked thing would get fixed in SRTT too. It is possible to taunt while naked in SRTT, but only in specific conditions (maybe they applied to SRIV as well?). It's possible to taunt if you're on a Mission, or standing in water. In these two conditions, the streaking message doesn't appear at all.

I wish the taunting while naked thing would get fixed in SRTT too. It is possible to taunt while naked in SRTT, but only in specific conditions (maybe they applied to SRIV as well?). It's possible to taunt if you're on a Mission, or standing in water. In these two conditions, the streaking message doesn't appear at all.
There are murmurs of pushing a workshop content patch back to SR3 and if we do that I can surely do this there as well.

Back