GDC talk on youtube about SR3 vehicle physics

From the youtube description:

In this GDC 2014 talk, Volition's David Bianchi revisits his experience taking on the entire vehicle design of Saint's Row: The Third literally months before the game shipped. Bianchi reveals how he survived this incredible last-minute turnaround, and shares general design lessons that have application beyond the world of vehicle design in games.

Thank you, moof. I had not seen that.
I noticed he started right off showing the Table File Editor which Volition was nice enough to give to us modders! So now we can change the car handling the same way they did. There are several mods on this forum that do that.

Last edited:
My oh my, what have we got here? :violation:
Bez tytułu.jpg

But jokes aside, some topics in this video are very interesting, especially the tricks to make the player feel like going faster than in reality. Thanks for sharing! :)

Last edited:
Technically, it should be "Saints' Row", which is the plural possessive noun form of "Saint" which indicates ownership of the "Row" by the "Saints".
So everyone's got it wrong but me, including Volition. So there! :D

Saints Row was the name of the neighborhood where the 3rd Street Saints were originally founded, and their name derived from that. That's what the games are named after.

Saints Row was the name of the neighborhood where the 3rd Street Saints were originally founded, and their name derived from that. That's what the games are named after.
I stand corrected! Thanks for the clarification. So the Saints named themselves after the neighborhood, not the other way around. I need to review my Stilwater history. I guess this explains why I was good at grammar in school, but not at history. :oops:

I stand corrected! Thanks for the clarification. So the Saints named themselves after the neighborhood, not the other way around. I need to review my Stilwater history. I guess this explains why I was good at grammar in school, but not at history. :oops:
They don't teach much saints row history where I go t school :(

Back