Modding Patch closes game

Admixon

I have strange bug. Game automatically closes after I press Play button. It only happens with modding patch.
EDIT: I removed modding patch - game works but no savegames.
EDIT2: I added modding patch - game works but no savegames.
Everything what I do my savegames don't work.
Can anyone help me?
:( :(

Last edited:
I have a lot of mods but it crashes without any mods also. There is no crash dump file, game simply closes after pushing Play button.
EDIT: I found a backup exe file with older version of modding patch and now EVERYTHING works fine. So the main problem is with my exe file.

Huh, very strange. Could you post a list of the mods you've installed/ are subscribed to? I know you said it crashes without them too, but maybe your exe got permanently corrupted by some mod or its removal. This is just me making random guesses, but debugging this issue probably requires some more information from you. Maybe even post your specs while you're at it.

Last edited:
Admixon and I talked about this and I think it is a bad display.ini file. He crashes super early in the game before the main menu and he copied the install folder from another machine with a different set of supported resolutions. My suggestion was to delete that display.ini and let the game regenerate it.

Admixon and I talked about this and I think it is a bad display.ini file. He crashes super early in the game before the main menu and he copied the install folder from another machine with a different set of supported resolutions. My suggestion was to delete that display.ini and let the game regenerate it.
I removed display.ini I downloaded build 1256541 and now everything works without problems. Thanks for help ;)

Ha! Still closes :(
Game only works great with older version of modding patch. I don't know what's going on.

Last edited:
I'm not sure either. If it is crashing before the binks it is something display related. I would assume display.ini, but I'm not sure. Do you have any mdmp files?

Back