Would it be possible to make our character hold the guns sideways, like in Saints Row 1?
Not unless its in the game's code. I have been working on sr1 animations recently and I managed to make the character walk melee ready like he did in sr1.

Nothing gets installed when I place the folders into the "MODDERS PUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL MODS HERE" folder and rebuild the patch. I have tried rebuilding several times with different configurations and nothing happens. There are no new radio stations, none of the Saints Row 1 homies appear in my phone, there are no new taunts or compliments, nothing.

Nothing gets installed when I place the folders into the "MODDERS PUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL MODS HERE" folder and rebuild the patch. I have tried rebuilding several times with different configurations and nothing happens. There are no new radio stations, none of the Saints Row 1 homies appear in my phone, there are no new taunts or compliments, nothing.
Did you copy patch, preload and preload_anim? Do you own the game on Steam?

Did you copy patch, preload and preload_anim? Do you own the game on Steam?
Copied over preload_anim to the "optional_mod_stuff" folder before building GotR. There is no preload or patch file in NOVA SPE. I own the game on Steam.

I even built a patch with nothing but a main menu mod and the main menu is exactly the same as before.

Copied over preload_anim to the "optional_mod_stuff" folder before building GotR. There is no preload or patch file in NOVA SPE. I own the game on Steam.

I even built a patch with nothing but a main menu mod and the main menu is exactly the same as before.

After you built the patch, go to my custom patch folder. Copy the three files into your Saints Row 2 folder. The one where sr2.exe is.

After you built the patch, go to my custom patch folder. Copy the three files into your Saints Row 2 folder. The one where sr2.exe is.
I have done that multiple times. Installing GotR was the first thing I did before I even started SR2. Building GotR again with any options from NOVA SPE and copying the files over does not install anything from NOVA SPE, not even one of the many main menu mods to test to see if anything would work.

I beat the game the other day, so I have no desire to continue trying to get NOVA SPE to work with GotR anymore.

I have done that multiple times. Installing GotR was the first thing I did before I even started SR2. Building GotR again with any options from NOVA SPE and copying the files over does not install anything from NOVA SPE, not even one of the many main menu mods to test to see if anything would work.

I beat the game the other day, so I have no desire to continue trying to get NOVA SPE to work with GotR anymore.
Does gotr work? What mods did you try?

This mod is freaking incredible, mate. I'm trying to mod missions to keep the game fresh and more fun. I try to make Saints Row 2 feel more like a gang war instead of a one-man-army simulation, having the 3rd Street Saints comes out from the distance, run into the battle and join you in the firefight. As I remember, no gang member fight alone so I get the idea from that.

VERSION 16
  • Fixed outfits (added in sr1 default costume)
  • added in reference for modders.
  • fixed animations
  • reduced time taken to zoom in.
and best of all:
  • weapon mod now has correct display names.
I know display names doesn't sound like something to get exited over but it makes the mod ten times better. download it and see for yourself.

VERSION 16
  • Fixed outfits (added in sr1 default costume)
  • added in reference for modders.
  • fixed animations
  • reduced time taken to zoom in.
and best of all:
  • weapon mod now has correct display names.
I know display names doesn't sound like something to get exited over but it makes the mod ten times better. download it and see for yourself.

Is it possible to port some of the clothes from Saints Row 1? I like the gangster-theme clothing like the roll-up jeans, open leather jacket from the first game but they somehow went missiong in the second game.

Back