Expanding audio memory

Would it be possible to expand audio memory in the modding patch? I wanted to preload mission soundbanks for mission playlist in my upcoming version of Sandbox+ but after I preloaded 6 of them, audio started glitching out. It'd be really cool if it was possible to preload all (or at least most of) mission soundbanks in the freeroam without any side effects. :)

This could be difficult, but luckily I wrote a system for audio late on the project and might be able to fumble through figuring something out here. :) I'll see what I can do.

This could be difficult, but luckily I wrote a system for audio late on the project and might be able to fumble through figuring something out here. :) I'll see what I can do.
It'd be awesome if you could expand it so we could preload at least few more soundbanks, current audio memory limit is quite low. :)

It'd be awesome if you could expand it so we could preload at least few more soundbanks, current audio memory limit is quite low. :)
How are you preloading soundbanks? Point me in the right direction and I'll see about fixing that preload function.

How are you preloading soundbanks? Point me in the right direction and I'll see about fixing that preload function.
Via 'audio_banks.xtbl' file - I just switch <load_at_boot> line to true for soundbanks I want to preload.

This support should be in the next beta patch. Unless I goofed and changed the wrong thing. The audiolib is...interesting. ;)

Back