Porting dlc effects

There's a mod which ports Bloodsucker Pack DLC content to SR IV and it has been released back in 2013. So if porting DLC animations and unlockables is allowed, I really don't see why other stuff would be prohibited.
Agreed. Yet i don't feel comfortable with it until i know it is fully aproved by volition or staff. I believe you would understand my reasoning behind this as you are more experienced mod artist than me. I guess i feel better safe than booted lol.

The question to ask yourself when thinking about modding DLC, is:
Does this potential mod circumvent paid content by making an item or other feature available that someone didn't buy?

EXAMPLES:
Adding a DLC vehicle to spawn normally in the open world whether someone owns the content or not? BAD.

Porting over DLC VFX to use in a different game? NO PROBLEM.
What if I replace a dlc item with another dlc item so they are still paying for it? I ported the popstar outfit from SRIV to saints row the third and replaced the Morningstar soldier with it and works perfect. Yet I'm afraid to share this even though they would still be paying for it since I replaced a dlc with a dlc. So I guess my question is, can I share this or not?

What if I replace a dlc item with another dlc item so they are still paying for it? I ported the popstar outfit from SRIV to saints row the third and replaced the Morningstar soldier with it and works perfect. Yet I'm afraid to share this even though they would still be paying for it since I replaced a dlc with a dlc. So I guess my question is, can I share this or not?
You can port DLC content between two different Saints Row games without a shadow of a doubt, as long as they aren't exclusive for consoles (that's Saints Row 1 and DLCs for Saints Row 2). You don't have to replace any DLC with another one, there aren't any restrictions regarding porting stuff from IV to The Third and vice versa (except songs and missions). :)

You can port DLC content between two different Saints Row games without a shadow of a doubt, as long as they aren't exclusive for consoles (that's Saints Row 1 and DLCs for Saints Row 2). You don't have to replace any DLC with another one, there aren't any restrictions regarding porting stuff from IV to The Third and vice versa (except songs and missions). :)
So I would be ok to upload this:oops:

I am having issues with the fact that I replaced a dlc with another( replaced Morningstar soldier dlc 2 pack) with the popstar suite outfit from dlc in sriv). Should I remove the uploaded item even though it is still part of a paid dlc pack?

The question to ask yourself when thinking about modding DLC, is:
Does this potential mod circumvent paid content by making an item or other feature available that someone didn't buy?

EXAMPLES:
Adding a DLC vehicle to spawn normally in the open world whether someone owns the content or not? BAD.

Porting over DLC VFX to use in a different game? NO PROBLEM.
I am having an issue sir. I replaced dlc with dlc and uploaded it. should I remove it immediately? I replaced the Morningstar soldier outfit in dlc pack 2 for srtt with the popstar suit from sriv paid dlc. So they still must pay for the dlc pack to get access just like in sriv. so am I breaking rules? If so I will remove it immediately.

I am having issues with the fact that I replaced a dlc with another( replaced Morningstar soldier dlc 2 pack) with the popstar suite outfit from dlc in sriv). Should I remove the uploaded item even though it is still part of a paid dlc pack?
As long as you didn't make the DLC available to people who don't own it, it's totally fine. It's also fine to port DLC content between two different Saints Row games (examples of mods which do that: 1, 2), as long as mentioned DLC wasn't officially released for both games (though you cannot port DLC songs and missions because of copyrights, you can port effects, models and textures). As I said earlier, you don't have to replace one DLC in The Third with another one from IV, you can simply replace vanilla content in this case.

Back