My ideas on unexplained changes in Stilwater

This is a thread discussing some of the more left over changes between 2006 (SR1) and 2011 (SR2) Some changes aren't even mentioned by pedestrians or anyone one

General
When Ultor took over the local government some laws were changed, bikes were finally allowed to be imported, and helicopter licenses were know allowed to be issued to civilians if they past the requirements.

Of course there is the 5 year renovation or the Ultor-Hughes initiative

Suburbs and East of the Suburbs
Sometime between '07 and '11 the cliff bordering the suburbs was removed, new roads were built, during this time there was a Like-a-Chik restaurant (which would become the trailer park's Laundromat and Arcade) and two tall buildings, however due to the later earthquake, the 6 story tall buildings were leveled, along with the highway (which in turn damage several houses, and buildings. Most of the destroyed areas were rebuilt, the highway however wasn't rebuilt due to most of it's funds going to the Saint's Row project.

Before the renovation project, most of this area were plains with the large cliff, several buildings, private docks and

When the Saint's Row Church was being moved, most of the graves were moved over to the New Mourning Woods cemetery.

During this time, the Price mansion was sold off, however it became a private museum detailing the days of the gangs.

These are just some of the explations, more coming soon

This is a thread discussing some of the more left over changes between 2006 (SR1) and 2011 (SR2)
You just reminded me of this. XD
Volition doesn't know their own universe.jpg

which isn't incorrect since SR1 happened in 2006 and Boss was in a coma for 5 years.
I really wouldn't believe official Saints Row site. As you can see on the picture above, it's written by some THQ janitor who didn't know shit about the series.

Last edited:
Just look at this, Johnny is still mentioned in obituaries. Does anyone even check this bullshit?
Johnny.jpg

...and yea, they removed all the dates. Smart move. XD

EDIT: Whoever added killing Dex as a feature to GOOH page most probably feels Boss for 5$.
Dex.jpg

Last edited:
I really wouldn't believe official Saints Row site. As you can see on the picture above, it's written by some THQ janitor who didn't know shit about the series.

Okay? I wasn't talking about the official site, I haven't been to that dump in a while. SR1 happened in 2006 according to the game's manual and SRIV.

Okay? I wasn't talking about the official site, I haven't been to that dump in a while. SR1 happened in 2006 according to the game's manual and SRIV.
What about that Boss was in a coma for 5 years? This was only mentioned on the official site as far as I know, link any other source if you know one.
Saints Row Wiki said:
The length of The Protagonist's coma is never specified in-game, although the website for Saints Row 2 gave the number as 5 years.

What about that Boss was in a coma for 5 years? This was only mentioned on the official site as far as I know, link any other source if you know one.

Oh damn you're right, I believe that is the original source for it. I'm pretty sure that number was given way back when the game was released though so I doubt it was written by the same person who did those obituaries, and I know I've seen it repeated in at least a few gaming news sites too so I think it has a bit more weight to it.

It's at least plausible considering how much Stilwater (and the characters!) have changed, unlike saying that Lin died after Carlos which is blatantly untrue.

Edit: I actually did some googling and here are a couple of articles as an example from 2008 that mention the 5 years.

Last edited:
Back