Disable Bloodsucker DLC

I downloaded this mod and installed it but when I do the game crashes as soon as I try and load my save.
Because I play the pirated version of the game, I drag and dropped the mod into "C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Saints Row The Third"

Is there something I am doing wrong or isn't the mod compatible with the pirated version some how?

Edit: I tried Lord_Freezer's mod instead and it worked! :D Thank you so much!
Why on world are so many idiots? Why a lot of that idiots are registering on that forum? :confused:

Sorry for the thread necro - but Steam just had another Franchise pack sale and I bought it not knowing about these issues(!!)

Does this mod affect both the bloodsucker pack and the unlockable pack? i.e. will this mod allow me to not have to auto-finish a district at start of game? Next one's a reach (getting rid of just bloodsucker and unlockable would be great) but is there any way to remove the other packs, so I don't have a gazillion silly items I didn't earn cluttering up my stash?

I never have understood why so much fuss has been made over the Bloodsucker Pack to the extent that mods were even created to remove it. It is easily disabled. I've always owned The Full Package version (which includes nearly all DLC) and never had an issue with the Bloodsucker Pack. Once I learned what it did, I decided I didn't want it even though I owned it. Even though it is installed, I simply just unchecked it in my listed DLC. The game loads and informs you that one or more DLC isn't installed but is available if you select them and restart. Just ignore this message. You never need to touch the DLC again in your list. The message will only pop up that one time and subsequent gameplay will never bother you again unless you start a new campaign. Now you're back to taking Human Shields as normal and snapping necks.

This works for other DLC packs installed as well. You can disable Invincible Pack (although this is only accessible from the Cheats so not really an issue) and remove any of the costume DLCs (such as the Team Fortress 2 masks) from cluttering up the shops. My least favorite part of the Unlockable Pack is also how it automatically forces you to choose a district for the instant STAG Takeover. Just uncheck this particular DLC and ignore the message informing you that some of your DLC hasn't been installed after you start your game. Now you can play through the campaign normally where your choices actually matter instead of getting everything handed to you at the conclusion of every mission without all of the weapons, vehicles, and homies immediately available. I have some save games with the Unlockable Pack active and others with it disabled. You just have to remember to check or uncheck it in your DLC contents depending on your preference or the game may load and begin to unlock everything. If this happens, just force quit during the STAG Takeover prompt and uncheck the DLC next time.

Last edited:
I never have understood why so much fuss has been made over the Bloodsucker Pack to the extent that mods were even created to remove it. It is easily disabled. I've always owned The Full Package version (which includes nearly all DLC) and never had an issue with the Bloodsucker Pack. Once I learned what it did, I decided I didn't want it even though I owned it. Even though it is installed, I simply just unchecked it in my listed DLC. The game loads and informs you that one or more DLC isn't installed but is available if you select them and restart. Just ignore this message. You never need to touch the DLC again in your list. The message will only pop up that one time and subsequent gameplay will never bother you again unless you start a new campaign. Now you're back to taking Human Shields as normal and snapping necks.

This works for other DLC packs installed as well. You can disable Invincible Pack (although this is only accessible from the Cheats so not really an issue) and remove any of the costume DLCs (such as the Team Fortress 2 masks) from cluttering up the shops. My least favorite part of the Unlockable Pack is also how it automatically forces you to choose a district for the instant STAG Takeover. Just uncheck this particular DLC and ignore the message informing you that some of your DLC hasn't been installed after you start your game. Now you can play through the campaign normally where your choices actually matter instead of getting everything handed to you at the conclusion of every mission without all of the weapons, vehicles, and homies immediately available. I have some save games with the Unlockable Pack active and others with it disabled. You just have to remember to check or uncheck it in your DLC contents depending on your preference or the game may load and begin to unlock everything. If this happens, just force quit during the STAG Takeover prompt and uncheck the DLC next time.
Bloodsucker Pack and Unlockable Pack got released way before there was an option to disable DLCs...

Bloodsucker Pack and Unlockable Pack got released way before there was an option to disable DLCs...
Ah, I was not aware of that never being an option. Now it makes much more sense why it was such an issue for many for so many years. I never see any follow-up on any of the topics concerned about it so thank you for that explanation.

I've seen comments on other forums and sites which have gone so far as to wanting refunds or for Steam to physically remove certain DLCs from their games. I was prepared for this to be an issue for me and regretted having the DLC included in the package. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't a big deal at all. I didn't mean to come across as ignorant. The last person replied to this in 2014 so apparently the ability to disable DLC is a fairly new feature, or that person wasn't aware of it. Out of fairness, I'm new to gaming on Steam.

Last edited:
Ah, I was not aware of that never being an option. Now it makes much more sense why it was such an issue for many for so many years. I never see any follow-up on any of the topics concerned about it so thank you for that explanation.

I've seen comments on other forums and sites which have gone so far as to wanting refunds or for Steam to physically remove certain DLCs from their games. I was prepared for this to be an issue for me and regretted having the DLC included in the package. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't a big deal at all. I didn't mean to come across as ignorant. The last person replied to this in 2014 so apparently the ability to disable DLC is a fairly new feature, or that person wasn't aware of it. Out of fairness, I'm new to gaming on Steam.
This option has been added in beta version of Steam yet in May 2014 but they included it in a stable release in February 2015. So yeah, formerly people had to beg Valve on their knees to remove those two pieces of shit from their accounts. Bloodsucker Pack got released yet in February 2012, that's accurately three years before Valve introduced an option to disable DLCs publicly...

This option has been added in beta version of Steam yet in May 2014 but they included it in a stable release in February 2015. So yeah, formerly people had to beg Valve on their knees to remove those two pieces of shit from their accounts. Bloodsucker Pack got released yet in February 2012, that's accurately three years before Valve introduced an option to disable DLCs publicly...
Thanks for the useful link. Again that makes a lot of sense since I always opt for the beta releases.

Back