Firespite's Mods

You mean Saints Row: The Third right? Sorry, needed to correct you, I'm a half-grammar/fact nazi lol
....is that like a Grammar Dalek or something?

I thought I would just mention that the color names and numbers don't have to be all smushed together. Ex: HotPink5. When I saw that, I wondered why it was done this way and after inspecting the code I now understand the logic since the vanilla colors are programmed with all of the words run together. I'm just too much of a perfectionist or have OCD but it all started when I noticed the first two entries for "White" were typoed lowercase as "white1" and "white2" when all of the other whites are uppercase, so I opened up the xtbl just to correct that. Then I noticed how the game labeled the color as "Grey" but the mod had it as "Gray" so I fixed that. Next thing I knew I was spacing out all of the color names and number sets from White all the way to Hazard Orange. I saved the file and restarted my game and it looks so much better and professional as if it actually is part of the game (aside from the last swatch of Hazard Orange orphaned all by itself in the last row). I did have one error but it was because I had inadvertently edited a vanilla swatch name and given it spaces. The game didn't like that and I witnessed Boss load dressed entirely in black.

I'm by no means intending to nitpick the overall experience or usefulness of this mod with my revisions. I love Firespite's mod and use both the makeup and wardrobe colors permanently for both The Third and IV and couldn't see myself playing the games without them now. I have so many more options such as Saints Purple and actual White! I never was able to even match the colors of my outfits to my Saints gang members or make some of the tops match to the pants but now I can.

Since this was ported over to Saints Row IV by IdolNinja and the color names are formatted exactly the same (all jumbled together) it gives me reason to assume no one is aware these fields can be easily separated if you're patient enough to edit them. Those interested can either just go through their makeup_color_pool.xtbl and character_color_pool.xtbl and edit them or I could upload my fixed revisions to make it simpler. I am not claiming any ownership of the mod or its contents, I just merely edited the color names.

Last edited:
Just to add something to this: extra car body paints, including Saints Purple, Stag colors, Swat Blue, metal colors, Decker Black, Morningstar Black and Lucha Black (those are 3 different colors).
It has flaws, like all colors are only available in matte, and gang colors only in gloss. And all the paints except for the gang colors can't be paid. (at least they're free :D).
At least the cars spawning ingame will spawn with these colors too.

I wish you would have posted this as its own topic instead of piggybacking on Firespite's post because it would have been easier to discuss (not to mention find). I have installed this and while I loved the extra vehicle colors it has a few quirks.

First off, I tried to edit the xtbl to change the swatch menu to have Swat and Stag uppercase, but the result just hung my game when I accessed the Garage. Once I got over that, I was excited to actually paint my cars genuine Saints Purple as opposed to Royal Purple and recreate them more in the style from Saints Row 2 (Saints Purple body with light red window tint). After repainting a few of my cars, I noticed new cars in my area beginning to spawn painted Saints Purple. It was a bit jarring to say the least since they were completely out of place and weren't even being driven by Saints or even fans, just regular civilians. I even witnessed a Saints Purple Peterliner, which was just ridiculous. Out of all of the colors available including Decker Black and etc. I only notice spawns in Saints Purple. This is one of the reasons why I only add this to my game to paint cars Saints Purple and once finished, I remove it.

\Since this was ported over to Saints Row IV by IdolNinja and the color names are formatted exactly the same (all jumbled together) it gives me reason to assume no one is aware these fields can be easily separated if you're patient enough to edit them. Those interested can either just go through their makeup_color_pool.xtbl and character_color_pool.xtbl and edit them or I could upload my fixed revisions to make it simpler. I am not claiming any ownership of the mod or its contents, I just merely edited the color names.

Go ahead and upload them, even in this thread will be fine but make sure to credit the original author. I am too lazy to go through the files and fix them myself so this should be helpful :p

Back