MGS: The Phantom Pain- Discussion

Sorry for using the forums like a normal human being. Your complaint has been filed, noted, and forgotten.

And I don't know of this "Venom Snake" mystery you're talking about.
Don't be a dick, please; It's also in the forum rules.
I was telling you that it is really necessary to press to reply button when referring to someone, because that will make the message be marked to that specific person.
About Venom Snake, it's a major spoiler, Punished "Venom/Ahab" Snake, is not the same person as Big Boss. He's a different character, the Paramedic from the Helicopter scenes on Ground Zeroes.

I heartily recommend the MGS HD collection since you get two iconic masterpieces and a bonus game continuing Big Boss' story.
That's not on PC yet, Meh.
Also, I've been thinking of buying Rising next time there is a Steam sale. I know it's a hack and slash game, but I think it looks interesting, but I want to know your opinion(s) on it.

Also, I've been thinking of buying Rising next time there is a Steam sale. I know it's a hack and slash game, but I think it looks interesting, but I want to know your opinion(s) on it.
Rising is a different kind of MGS but it still goes, it's an awesome game, Kojima paired up with the guys behind God of War, really interesting result.

Hrm. Sounds rather odd, to be honest. And, really, it doesn't make any sense. On what grounds?
Ground Zeroes, that prequel to MGSV:TPP y'know? Sure it doesn't makes sense, but it's real. No fan theory, it's on the actual game:
This is Venom Snake, who was originally (plot-wise) tough to be Big Boss; who was actually working with FOXHOUND again (that's real wtf)

Last edited:

...well, if you can stomach the bad MGS2 PC port, you can always yarr it.

You don't know what you're missing if you haven't played 3, though.

DON'T get the GC remake of 1.
I have looked into buying Twin Snakes, but it is far too expensive. (Like all GC games are) I want Physcomantis to tell me that I have been playing too much Animal Crossing.
Also my friend is doing a cosplay of Big Boss from MGSV:TPP (Yey, something on topic to the original intent of the thread!)

TTS shits on almost everything 1 had except for sound quality, and even then they had to change it to feel even more dreary.

Back