Can't get vehicle cheats to work.

I just installed Steam version of Saints Row 2, I played it before but I don't think I ever finished it. So bought it and the rest of Saints Row on sale.

About 5% into the game on one character I found the Gentlemen of the Row mod by IdolNinja <GOD :)> So I installed the GotR and started a new game since that is what was recommended. I did not enable ALL options of GotR, but probably most of them.

Now for some reason none of the vehicle cheat codes work. I have tried aprox 10 vehicles and all the codes give the " Not in service...." etc..etc.. message.

I suppose next step is to tell GotR to return the game to all Vanilla or restore the original versions of the files and run the game vanilla to see if the cheats work that way.

Any ideas anyone has is welcome.

UPDATE: Ok well it must either be a setting i'm using or not using with GotR because restoring the vanilla game files lets me enter car phone #'s no problem. So anyone have any ideas what settings in GotR can affect weather or not car cheat codes work?

Last edited:
I just installed Steam version of Saints Row 2, I played it before but I don't think I ever finished it. So bought it and the rest of Saints Row on sale.

About 5% into the game on one character I found the Gentlemen of the Row mod by IdolNinja <GOD :)> So I installed the GotR and started a new game since that is what was recommended. I did not enable ALL options of GotR, but probably most of them.

Now for some reason none of the vehicle cheat codes work. I have tried aprox 10 vehicles and all the codes give the " Not in service...." etc..etc.. message.

I suppose next step is to tell GotR to return the game to all Vanilla or restore the original versions of the files and run the game vanilla to see if the cheats work that way.

Any ideas anyone has is welcome.

UPDATE: Ok well it must either be a setting i'm using or not using with GotR because restoring the vanilla game files lets me enter car phone #'s no problem. So anyone have any ideas what settings in GotR can affect weather or not car cheat codes work?

Read the cheat code reference file that comes with the mod that lists them all. The game has a hard limit on how many cheats you can have in the game, so many of the standard car cheats were removed to make room for new modded cheats. You can buy every single vehicle at the new car dealerships anyway.

Read the cheat code reference file that comes with the mod that lists them all. The game has a hard limit on how many cheats you can have in the game, so many of the standard car cheats were removed to make room for new modded cheats. You can buy every single vehicle at the new car dealerships anyway.

Ok my apoligies. I read several of the .txt files that came with the mod but I dident see that and I must not have read the one it's in. Now that you mention it I do remember you saying something like that in the past about a Saints Row 3 or 4 mod also so I guess I should have remembered that.

I was looking at the car spawn code as more of a way to make some fast money to buy a crib I want instead of doing it 1000 at a time or just turning on the full blown cheats that make everything in the game $1. LOL

And yea sorry i'm a moron...I just found that statement at the top of the "Cheates and codes...." text file that came with the program. Derp :D

Last edited:
Back