Saints Row IV Removing glitch on walls possible?

One of the tech artists is saying that they think it is the shader ir_sr3vr_pixel_*. See if that can nuke it for you. Unsure though and we're still digging.
Ok, I think I found the author of that stuff and he had this to say:

I think these are the shaders that do any kind of glitching / city-take-over coloring
ir_srtwotonediffuse_no_sp_vr
Ir_srsimple1_glitch
Ir_ground_reflect
Ir_sr3vr_pixel
Ir_scrollglowmask_dns

My hunch is that ir_srtwotonediffuse_no_sp_vr was used on a lot of the buildings since they heavily leveraged two-tone diffuse shaders.

The ‘Hood_Control’ and ‘Use_CTO’ shader constants look like they work as high-level controls of the glitching.

Ok, I think I found the author of that stuff and he had this to say: ...
Nice!..this is interresting..i'l make some test with those shaders tonight..i find it extremely annoyinf to see the walls sliding like water :p

About the ''ir_srsimple1_glitch_bs'' ..whats the meaning of bs, fd, s ?
  • _bs is for batched static and is used for meshes that go through our batching system
  • _s is for static but not batched assets
  • _fd is for floating decal

Last edited:
Ah i see! Thanks Knobby for clarifying it for me ;)

EDIT: none of my tests have been conclusive :/ wow the walls are driving me crazy! I swear, now i only see this! Whatever i do in the game..my attention is now locked to the glitching walls..getting insane here.. we got to remove this glithing effect..please :p

EDIT2: ok so now, i ''kinda'' found the exact file that does the glitching on walls, now i only need to find the right lines to edit.. for now my walls are completly orange :p

Last edited:
EDIT2: ok so now, i ''kinda'' found the exact file that does the glitching on walls, now i only need to find the right lines to edit.. for now my walls are completly orange :p
Screenshot, please?

Screenshot, please?
Since the time i wrote that i obviously fixed the orange walls problem, or else i wouldnt have played again :p
If you want to reproduce it, just alter the srtwotones file and the scrollglowmask file, edit the lines of world2view with the directX sdk.. you can also just delete them, but then almost everything will be orange XD
sorry to not be more precise i'm kinda bit away from SRIV in the last 2 weeks.. i planned on completing the rest of the challenges and collecting voice memos soon so i'il sure give it another try.

Last time i tryed some stuff i messed for about 2 hours and my desktop was totally obtructed and i love it clean, so i deleted everything that was in progress about those files and the sdk :/ ..i hate the feeling when a game is almost ending..i wanted it to last forever..now, i'm right before the last mission and i dont feel the same interrest as before :( ah well, a game cant last forever :/

Back