Where does Saints Row go from here?

Sorry, I quite like my job.
Hey, keep it goin', man. Last thing I need is to know I got someone fired from a job they really liked. May you enjoy this job for the next 50-60 years. :D

If you'll excuse me, I'll go play the last five Saints Row games, though I can never get past one mission in SR1. Do y'all have a section for when Saints like me need help in the games?

More speculating and guesswork?

My theory is that we won't hear of Saints Row V until at least around late 2016-early 2017. 2018 at the latest? Why? Because there's usually a two to three year gap between each Saints Row game, and the latest one (Gat Out Of Hell) was released this January, so...

That's my thought. We're not going to be hearing of a new Saints Row game until at least the 2017/2018 range.

My theory is that we won't hear of Saints Row V until at least around late 2016-early 2017. 2018 at the latest? Why? Because there's usually a two to three year gap between each Saints Row game, and the latest one (Gat Out Of Hell) was released this January, so...

That's my thought. We're not going to be hearing of a new Saints Row game until at least the 2017/2018 range.
Honestly, that's fine with me. I would much rather wait for them to take extra time to do it right instead of trying to push it out too soon. There seems to be a trend in the games industry lately with games being rushed out before they are finished and tested adequately.

One example is a console game which I've always enjoyed, the Halo series. It was always a quality game with a lot of great features. The last release (the Master Chief Collection) had a lot of bugs and frame rate issues which they have not bothered to fix. The quality has gone down significantly since the previous games in the series. Today I found out they will eliminate split screen multiplayer in the next game, which was always one of the biggest selling points for me. Such a huge disappointment! I will probably not buy Halo 5. Another example is the recent Batman: Arkham Knight PC version problems. Why was this released with such obvious problems? EDIT: They just didn't care.

My favorite Saints Row game is still Saints Row: The Third. If the graphics were better, Saints Row 2 would be my favorite. I love both of those games because of all the customizations and the variety of vehicles. Saints Row: The Third is also has a lot of realistic little details which I love, such as the flowing hair and cloth simulation. All the environment effects such a weather and time of day make it that much more realistic and enjoyable to me.

Ideally, I'd like to see all those customizations and details that were in Saints Row 2 in the new game.

Last edited:
What if since saints row iv was the boss's last game, we could play as in saints row v,as one of the other saints?I would like to play as shaundi.

Honestly, that's fine with me. I would much rather wait for them to take extra time to do it right instead of trying to push it out too soon. There seems to be a trend in the games industry lately with games being rushed out before they are finished and tested adequately.

One example is a console game which I've always enjoyed, the Halo series. It was always a quality game with a lot of great features. The last release (the Master Chief Collection) had a lot of bugs and frame rate issues which they have not bothered to fix. The quality has gone down significantly since the previous games in the series. Today I found out they will eliminate split screen multiplayer in the next game, which was always one of the biggest selling points for me. Such a huge disappointment! I will probably not buy Halo 5. Another example is the recent Batman: Arkham Knight PC version problems. Why was this released with such obvious problems? EDIT: They just didn't care.

My favorite Saints Row game is still Saints Row: The Third. If the graphics were better, Saints Row 2 would be my favorite. I love both of those games because of all the customizations and the variety of vehicles. Saints Row: The Third is also has a lot of realistic little details which I love, such as the flowing hair and cloth simulation. All the environment effects such a weather and time of day make it that much more realistic and enjoyable to me.

Ideally, I'd like to see all those customizations and details that were in Saints Row 2 in the new game.
Yeah,and did you also notice how many years it took to make saints row 2?

Yeah,and did you also notice how many years it took to make saints row 2?
Saints Row (the first) was released 29 August 2006, and Saints Row 2 was released October 14, 2008, so that would be 2 years, 1½ months. Since, apparently, that wasn't quite long enough to iron out all the bugs, I think 2½-3 years seems a realistic possibility for SR5.

EDIT: SR3 came out November 15, 2011 which is 3 years, 1 month after SR2, so if there's a big graphics engine upgrade and all new character models and motion capture like there was in SR3, it would probably take at least 3 years for SR5.

Last edited:
Saints Row (the first) was released 29 August 2006, and Saints Row 2 was released October 14, 2008, so that would be 2 years, 1½ months. Since, apparently, that wasn't quite long enough to iron out all the bugs, I think 2½-3 years seems a realistic possibility for SR5.

EDIT: SR3 came out November 15, 2011 which is 3 years, 1 month after SR2, so if there's a big graphics engine upgrade and all new character models and motion capture like there was in SR3, it would probably take at least 3 years for SR5.
Yeah, good point, I would say my favorite saints row is saints row 2 because of its customization features

Saints Row 2 was released October 14, 2008, so that would be 2 years, 1½ months.
I read/heard somewhere that SR2 was already in development in 2005, even before the original SR was released.

Back