Extracting, and Converting SR4's Soundtrack

This is actually probably easier with my ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStreamingSoundbank tool - it'll handle doing the conversion for you.

All you'd need to do is extract the right packfile, then just drag the soundbank you want to unpack on to ExtractStreamingSoundbank and it'll do the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bump this topic but I've been trying to convert some of the voice files for hours now I still haven't found a working solution. The sound files the bnk_pc extractor makes can't be played, the files the batch creates on this thread seem to make broken files, revorb does nothing but break, and Minimaul's extractor just creates .wem and metadata files which I can't find anything about. I'm at a complete loss. Please help.

Is there a way to repack bnk? Like, to replace some songs with new ones?
Yep. Look at ExtractStreamingSoundbank and BuildStreamingSoundbank - and wwise can be used to convert songs to the required .wem files.

Yep. Look at ExtractStreamingSoundbank and BuildStreamingSoundbank - and wwise can be used to convert songs to the required .wem files.
Oh nice!! Gonna try it out tonight for sure!
Hum, by curiosity, i'm guessing that in-game, my replaced songs will have the same names they add before right? If so, is it possible to replace the name of the songs by editing the right xbtl?
Also..i soon intend to uplaod some mods i made, and i was woundering: i guess it would be illegal (because of copyright etc..) to post a mod with popular songs, right?

Hum, by curiosity, i'm guessing that in-game, my replaced songs will have the same names they add before right? If so, is it possible to replace the name of the songs by editing the right xbtl?
Yes, they will. You could edit the le_strings files using ExtractLanguageStrings and BuildLanguageStrings to fix thsi in the UI though.

Also..i soon intend to uplaod some mods i made, and i was woundering: i guess it would be illegal (because of copyright etc..) to post a mod with popular songs, right?
Afraid so.

Yes, they will. You could edit the le_strings files using ExtractLanguageStrings and BuildLanguageStrings to fix thsi in the UI though.

Afraid so.

Which cache file(s) are the strings stored for songs that the radio stations play?

So now that it's 2016, Wwise 2013 isn't available so I used Wwise 2016.2.2.6022. I tried to use the same general settings from the SRTT instructions (https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/custom-radio-stations-guide.2/) and was able to produce WEM files and rebuilt the sound bank but it's not happy with something because I get silence.

Wwise settings:
[x] Streaming Enabled
[x] Zero Latency
Look Ahead: 100
Pre-Fetch: 100

Conversion:
Format: Vorbis
Quality: 2
Seek Table Granularity: 16384

I used ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildStreamingSoundbank (r128) to build the sound bank file.
I used ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile to rebuild soundboot.vpp_pc (I also tried the GUI version)
I edited klassic_radio.xtbl for the corrected running times.

On my SRIV install I put these in the game's root folder.
klassic_radio.xtbl
radio_klassic_media.bnk_pc

And put the rebuilt soundboot.vpp_pc in packfiles\pc\cache.

So now that it's 2016, Wwise 2013 isn't available so I used Wwise 2016.2.2.6022. I tried to use the same general settings from the SRTT instructions (https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/custom-radio-stations-guide.2/) and was able to produce WEM files and rebuilt the sound bank but it's not happy with something because I get silence.

Wwise settings:
[x] Streaming Enabled
[x] Zero Latency
Look Ahead: 100
Pre-Fetch: 100

Conversion:
Format: Vorbis
Quality: 2
Seek Table Granularity: 16384

I used ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildStreamingSoundbank (r128) to build the sound bank file.
I used ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile to rebuild soundboot.vpp_pc (I also tried the GUI version)
I edited klassic_radio.xtbl for the corrected running times.

On my SRIV install I put these in the game's root folder.
klassic_radio.xtbl
radio_klassic_media.bnk_pc

And put the rebuilt soundboot.vpp_pc in packfiles\pc\cache.
We re-host the wwise versions needed with the kind permission of audiokinetic.

For SRTT: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/pages/wwise/
and for SRIV: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/pages/wwise-sriv/

Audiokinetic changed their codebooks at some point between SRTT and SRIV, and it's possible they've changed them since - this would cause compatibility issues.

@Minimaul.

Awesome, I didn't realize that the later Wwise was made available, thanks!

I'm considering writing some kind of tool to automate the replacing of radio stations (provided all the tools are on the user's machine).

Where are the song title strings stored? Do you know?

Back