Flying mechanic from Gat out of hell?

Is it possible? Cuz my favorite thing in GOOH was flying mechanic (and probably the best one in gaming so far)

This would require code changes to the EXE, so it's *very* unlikely to happen.

This would require code changes to the EXE, so it's *very* unlikely to happen.
True. Yet if you research the internet, a program called resource hacker can modify .exe and .dll files if the you could find the correct corresponding codes. That being said there is also a mod on this sight where the player can fly. So either way my question is is why is this unlikely when as modders we aim to achieve the unlikely and create the impossible. If i can be the first person to create a 3d effect in a video game with just creativity and inginuity,what can we not achieve. You yourself have created tools that the others couldn't without your inginuity. So i guess my point is, isn't that our goal here is to achieve what others can't with only our creativity.

True. Yet if you research the internet, a program called resource hacker can modify .exe and .dll files if the you could find the correct corresponding codes. That being said there is also a mod on this sight where the player can fly. So either way my question is is why is this unlikely when as modders we aim to achieve the unlikely and create the impossible. If i can be the first person to create a 3d effect in a video game with just creativity and inginuity,what can we not achieve. You yourself have created tools that the others couldn't without your inginuity. So i guess my point is, isn't that our goal here is to achieve what others can't with only our creativity.
It's a lot more complicated than you realise.

It's a lot more complicated than you realise.
Understood. We know you always do what you can to help when it's possible. Please inform us if you might come across any possibilities.

EDIT:
Question?
Would it be possible to acquire the correct coding for this from the exe file from saints row 4 and correctly insert it into saints row the third?

Last edited:
Understood. We know you always do what you can to help when it's possible. Please inform us if you might come across any possibilities.

EDIT:
Question?
Would it be possible to acquire the correct coding for this from the exe file from saints row 4 and correctly insert it into saints row the third?
The problem with this is when you compile something, you get a big binary lump. All of the names and identifiers are stripped out - so you have to spend a lot of time working out what parts of the code do what. This isn't easy!

To take a chunk of code from one title and merge it into another is not practical - working out what bits of the SR4 EXE were required to support it would be insanely difficult, changes in place to functions that exist in both SRIV and SRTT make it even harder, and that's before you think about the fact that those functions would be at different memory addresses than they started at, and so would all the functions they reference - so you'd need to edit every jump, function call and more. It's just plain insane to try.

The only way you could sensibly achieve something like this is to implement it from scratch using similar methods I use in RadioEnabler for GOOH to patch existing code and change how it works - but it's such a massive undertaking that it would take months if not years and you still couldn't guarantee you'd actually make it work!

The problem with this is when you compile something, you get a big binary lump. All of the names and identifiers are stripped out - so you have to spend a lot of time working out what parts of the code do what. This isn't easy!

To take a chunk of code from one title and merge it into another is not practical - working out what bits of the SR4 EXE were required to support it would be insanely difficult, changes in place to functions that exist in both SRIV and SRTT make it even harder, and that's before you think about the fact that those functions would be at different memory addresses than they started at, and so would all the functions they reference - so you'd need to edit every jump, function call and more. It's just plain insane to try.

The only way you could sensibly achieve something like this is to implement it from scratch using similar methods I use in RadioEnabler for GOOH to patch existing code and change how it works - but it's such a massive undertaking that it would take months if not years and you still couldn't guarantee you'd actually make it work!
I see now. So basivly since the physics engine for saints row 4 was rewritten almost completely, it would be about the same as practicly building your own game or recompiling a new physics engine.

Back