NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod

Thanks shitface for this funtastic mod, I love it.:cool:

May I ask you sir, which file did you edit to make civilian helicopters cruise through the skies ?

Would it be possible to switch the civilian helicopters that cruise through the skies with VTOLs ?:D

Thanks shitface for this funtastic mod, I love it.:cool:

May I ask you sir, which file did you edit to make civilian helicopters cruise through the skies ?

Would it be possible to switch the civilian helicopters that cruise through the skies with VTOLs ?:D
notoriety_spawn.xtbl, look for entries with notoriety lvl 0

Umm, hey, I appreciate that this mod was created, it makes playing sr4 much more fun.
But speaking of the issue I'd like to report, it breaks saving the game. Partially. Apparently save game files created with this mod installed do not store information about weapons upgrades, as all of them reset on loading a save generated with this mod. Other saves just work fine (doesn't matter whether I have the mod installed or not). Ya, I feel like I'm repeating myself. I'm not exactly sure how active the author is at this moment, but I prefered to post it here anyway.

And yes, my game is original. No other mods used.

Umm, hey, I appreciate that this mod was created, it makes playing sr4 much more fun.
But speaking of the issue I'd like to report, it breaks saving the game. Partially. Apparently save game files created with this mod installed do not store information about weapons upgrades, as all of them reset on loading a save generated with this mod. Other saves just work fine (doesn't matter whether I have the mod installed or not). Ya, I feel like I'm repeating myself. I'm not exactly sure how active the author is at this moment, but I prefered to post it here anyway.

And yes, my game is original. No other mods used.
That's quite odd, I've never experienced anything like that while using this mod. Have you tried to verify the cache?

Welcome back to Steelport!

This is basically the same thing as my mod for SR3 which shares the same name. The overall goal here is to make fucking around in the open world much more fun, and to bring a lot of character and emergent gameplay back to Virtual Steelport.

Improved Spawns:

-Dozens of new NPCs and vehicle variants spawn on the streets of Virtual Steelport! Unused SR3 pedestrians and animations have been added back into the game!

-Unique spawns for each neighborhood have been imported from my SR3 mod, leading to much greater diversity in different areas of the city!

-Randomization of NPC items and props! Sometimes an NPC will be wearing a hat or glasses, sometimes not! Wowee! Their height also varies as well, so everyone isn't the exact same length anymore, which was kind of weird.

-Huge changes to notoriety! Fight cops and swat from levels 1-2, the military at level 3, and much more threatening zin from levels 4-6.

-Civilian helicopters cruise through the skies!

-Super powered enemies will randomly spawn on the street! Super Genki, your evil doppelgängers, toilets, and more!

-All available enemy gangs will spawn on the streets of Virtual Steelport! Crazy gunfights can break out in an instant!

-Watch out for Ninjas. They will fuck you up.

-Enhances Sandbox+'s zombie spawning feature! Zombies can now spawn alongside regular npcs!
(Keep in mind that zombies will not spawn in rainy weather due to a bug with the zombie flag, use the clearskies cheat for normal weather)

Enemy gangs and their home turf

All gangs can spawn in any neighborhood, but are likeliest to spawn here:

Brotherhood- Salander, New Baranec
Luchadores- Yearwood, Port Pryor
Deckers- Burns Hill, Ashwood, Brickston
Morningstar- Loren Square, Sunset Park,
Vice Kings- Camano Place, Espina, Rosen Oaks
Ronin- Henry Steel Mills, Wesley Cutter Intn'l
Sons of Samedi- Bridgeport, The Grove
Militants- Loren Square, Wesley Cutter Intn'l

Improved Behaviour:

-Aggressiveness of all pedestrians and NPCs has been increased towards each other and the player! Civilians will behave much more chaotically instead of running!

-Wardens and NPCs have been given improved reaction time, making them more challenging to fight!

-All NPCs have an improved arsenal of weapons!

-Super enemies are much more threatening, they will react and attack much faster.

Random Changes:

-Increases the radius of rift glitch effects!

-Greatly reduces the frequency of the "glitching" effect on buildings, vehicles, and NPCs.

-Includes the official and original rain mod for SR4!

-Increases cash rewards for grabbing collectible items, and completing flashpoints!

-You won't fall off of motorcycles as easily anymore!

To Install: Extract to your SR4 folder:

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\saints row iv

This mod also includes two other files, rain.xtbl and weather.xtbl which add random rainstorms back into the game, and
disable the post-game weather.
Move them into your SR4 directory from the "Optional Files" folder if you want this.

This mod is compatible with both Sandbox+ and Dark Rain mods. Please install it after them to avoid problems. Only use the preload_anim.vpp_pc file from this mod as it contains many animations that are not included in other mods' archives.

Bugs:

The game may hang on the loading screen following the mission 1 cutscene. Uninstall the mod and re-install it after the cutscene to get around this.

Currently not compatible with the Saints Save Christmas DLC missions. You must uninstall the mod prior to playing them. Removal is not necessary to play the Naughty and Nice and Holiday M.O.M activities.

DLC homies (minus the ones from EtD) currently do not work, due to limited space for character entries.

Latest Update: v43 adds compatibility for the latest version of the "Expanded Arsenal" mod, also adds grenades to more enemies.

Thanks to:
Gibbed and Minimaul - for the tools
Idolninja - for his modding enthusiasm and help
GPZ - for compiling a list of unused peds in character_definitions and saving me a lot of time

If you encounter a bug, please post about it here.

View attachment 6230 View attachment 6231 View attachment 6232 View attachment 6233 View attachment 6234 View attachment 6235 View attachment 6236 View attachment 6237 View attachment 6238 View attachment 6239 View attachment 6240 View attachment 6241 View attachment 6242 View attachment 6243 View attachment 6244 View attachment 6245

Can you make new version that dont have zombie. I really doesnt like them. And enemy doesn't attack you while in the shop example while creating new character in Image As Designed. BTW this mod is awesome

Hi, Shitface! Thank you for the awesome mod!!! The game is quite boring without it) I like everything! But I haveone question - how to remove the pixelman, the toilet, the question mark, and blow-up doll enemies? I understand that it\s a part of the game, but I just have an idea to make the game a bit more realistic. Is it possible? And again - thank you!!!

How does this mod work with co-op?
If your partner has it, it should work. Otherwise shit might happen.
Any plans for a version that includes the npc spawn changes without locking out DLC stuff?
We have to wait for final Volition's modding patch because it's possible to only add 2-3 new characters without breaking mission packs.

Back