Infinite Loading Screens

This happened to me once before when doing the sidequest mission to save Matt where the game would hang on the loading screen forvever. I was able to solve it by doing some of the side quests first then trying his mission again.

However, I just encountered this again on the "Girl who hates the 50's" quest. After the Rally with Keith when you kill all the enemies inside it tells you to enter the office upstairs, when I do this it just gets stuck in an infinite loading loop. I minimized and checked the task manager and the game was not frozen, just loading indefinitely. From what I've read around the internet this is not an isolated problem as others have been encountering it both on the pc, xbox and ps3. The only fix I've seen recommended is to restart the game. I DO NOT WANT to restart the game this close to the end. I tried older saves as well as reinstalling, removing all mods and upgrading graphics drivers and nothing solves the problem.

I would be eternally grateful for either a fix to this or for someone to provide a save close to or after this point. I can't progress until then as this is a gamebreaking bug.
i've finally found the solution, just unequip the alien rpg( i equiped dark hole gun) and it should work, and after that i had to problem with disabling a satellite, if you have that problem just use the fast forward cheat(type "fastforward" in cheat section) and the mission is completed.

Throwing my hat in too, I had this one happen to me as well, exact same place as the OP.

Switching my weapon loadout is what got me past the issue. Really strange.

first time I had the bug it was when trying to start Kings rescue mission. tried several times, but the loading screen at the irish bar was always infinite. went off and did all the other available quests first, then tried Kings mission again and it worked
but now, during the Grand Finale, I have the bug again and in a much, much worse place. after using the power suit and Kinzi telling me I'm approaching the throne room, I reach the end of the pipe and then... infinite loading screen. which is of course made worse by the inability to save during the very long mission

I get a loading screen hang when I try to do the "Get back to Earth" mission near the beginning of the game. When my character goes through the door that Kinzie spawns...that wormhole screen that appears after it never seems to end.

I get a loading screen hang when I try to do the "Get back to Earth" mission near the beginning of the game. When my character goes through the door that Kinzie spawns...that wormhole screen that appears after it never seems to end.
I would verify your data on steam. That sounds like an issue loading the world. We won't take away the wormhole screen until the world is loaded.

I would verify your data on steam. That sounds like an issue loading the world. We won't take away the wormhole screen until the world is loaded.
That didn't help anything, oddly enough. I haven't seen anything online about this problem, so I don't know why I'm having it. I'd love to progress the plot, finally...

I̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶P̶i̶e̶r̶c̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶y̶a̶l̶t̶y̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶,̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶?̶

EDIT: Nevermind,It worked by itself.

Last edited:
Back