windows 8.1 Saints row 2 steam, will not work

I recently picked up the franchise pack off of steam, I had some framerate issues with 3,but I fixed that. I am having a problem with 2, and that is that is crashes after the volition vanity plate. I tried running it in compatability mode for XP service pack 3 and Vista, That did not work. Any help?

thanks,i will do an update if it works.

UPDATE: annnnnnnnnnnnd it failed. I am being tempted to just pick up an Xbox copy of SR2

Last edited:
thanks,i will do an update if it works.
I do recommend getting a console version if you can. The PC version isn't stabile, even if you get it running. Mine crashes and has several lag spikes at all time. Only reason I bought the PC version, is because I sold my PS3.

UPDATE: annnnnnnnnnnnd it failed. I am being tempted to just pick up an Xbox copy of SR2

I recently picked up the franchise pack off of steam, I had some framerate issues with 3,but I fixed that. I am having a problem with 2, and that is that is crashes after the volition vanity plate. I tried running it in compatability mode for XP service pack 3 and Vista, That did not work. Any help?
All I can say is that SR2 on windows 8.1 "Works For Me(tm)".

It's worth taking a look at http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922 though.

Back