Crash Issue I Been Having

I removed all mods,verified game cache,have up to date drivers and on win 8.1 and even tried the threaded stuff and windowed mode the whole nine yards of stuff that is out there and still get crashes like on one save it crashes when I try to play how the saints save christmas then another I made thinking that save got corrupted the game crashes when I click on escape the simulation mission so so far SR4 is unplayable at least for me but any fixes etc. would be helpful.

Added the crash file I get when the game crashes and tries to restart.

Attachments

• saintsrowiv_1126886_crash_2015_3_28T12_37_32C0.mdmp
    80.7 KB · Views: 445
It is crashing down in the file reading code while we are decompressing the data. I assume you've done a verify data?

If that is verify integrity of game cache then yup I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it then still was getting the crash when starting a mission it's fine though when I run around the simulator it also crashes on older saves when I already have access to the ship so might be something messed up on the ship somehow but odd cuz no mods was used on the newer save I made to change anything.

Unfortunately the dumps are all minidumps, so there isn't much information in them. I can't tell what file it was trying to read.

Tried installing the game to one of my ssds and that fixed the issue of starting the one mission but still get the crashes when trying to play how the saints save christmas dlc on the older save and on the newer save it didn't come up in the missions part only enter the dominatrix and a main mission did tried uninstalling the dlc but no luck to get it showing up in new save shows in the older save but as you know crashes the game but found going to ship/simulation is fine now.

I am having almost the same problem but the game freezes before (game sound and game play is still going on in the background) then steam restarts the game.

Don't have any mods installed and just installed Saints 4 today after not playing for a long time and gotten a new computer.

I am having almost the same problem but the game freezes before (game sound and game play is still going on in the background) then steam restarts the game.

Don't have any mods installed and just installed Saints 4 today after not playing for a long time and gotten a new computer.
Just because you crash as well doesn't mean it is the same issue. Please start a new thread and include a dump file.

Back