SRIV SDK Release A: Weapon Modding Tutorial

With that being said, would anybody be able to point me in the right direction? I need to know how to extract an FBX from a dlc weapon.

Would it be okay if I asked why modding the DLC opposed to the actual game files is illegal?

FBX files are source files used to create the asset itself. You can't extract them for a created asset . It's a one way process.

I need to learn the controls,since I actually quit this because the controls for Maya were too damn hard.
Can anyone tell me the controls for Maya?

Ok, here's the problem . I want pack a weapon but the converter always say that he's unable to find the files .
Here's my packaging folder :
Packaging_Folder.png

Got a new issue - skins are applied successfully and the file(s) will export. Packaging shows no errors either, but once the game is loaded, the model has been updated but the skin is still the old skin (quickshot pistol in this case). See attached images as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 1_Maya.JPG
    1_Maya.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 2_Packaging.JPG
    2_Packaging.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 3_In Game Old Skin.JPG
    3_In Game Old Skin.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 361
Got a new issue - skins are applied successfully and the file(s) will export. Packaging shows no errors either, but once the game is loaded, the model has been updated but the skin is still the old skin (quickshot pistol in this case). See attached images as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey, I'd like to help you troubleshoot this issue. Would you mind uploading your FBX, so I can see if it's set up correctly?

Really sorry for the delay on this one. Life anitd work got away from me and I had to reel it all back in. Its telling me it can't upload the .fbx file type so the FBX is in the DropBox link attached. Let me know whatever you find out, I'd really appreciate it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zosvrfcdjev4k7x/police_pistol_a.fbx?dl=0
I'll unfortunately not be able to look at this until next friday, but you can fix the textures pretty easily on your own with Scanti's SR3 texture tools. Just extract pistol_police_a_high.str2_pc with Minimaul's SR4 tools, then follow this tutorial: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/retexturing-saints-row-iv-for-dummies.4059/

Back