Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

I have a question about your "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2" tool:

If I use the following command:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2 path\to\file\filename.asm_pc update
Where does the tool look for the ".str2_pc" files to use for the update? In the current working directory, or in the same folder where the ".asm_pc" file is located ("path\to\file")?

I'm just wondering if I can use a single command like:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\customize_player.asm_pc" update
to update only the single "asm_pc" file, and if it will use the ".str2_pc" files in the game folder instead of my current directory (which may be some random directory). Or do I have to "chdir" to the game folder before running the command?

Thanks!

EDIT: Hi Minimaul. After some experimentation, I believe I have answered the question myself. Apparently it looks for ".str2_pc" files in the same directory path that was specified for the ".asm_pc" file, which is exactly what I need. If I am incorrect, or if there are any caveats, please let me know. Thanks for the great tool!

Last edited:

Where does the tool look for the ".str2_pc" files to use for the update? In the current working directory, or in the same folder where the ".asm_pc" file is located ("path\to\file")?

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\customize_player.asm_pc" update
to update only the single "asm_pc" file, and if it will use the ".str2_pc" files in the game folder instead of my current directory (which may be some random directory). Or do I have to "chdir" to the game folder before running the command?

Thanks!

EDIT: Hi Minimaul. After some experimentation, I believe I have answered the question myself. Apparently it looks for ".str2_pc" files in the same directory path that was specified for the ".asm_pc" file, which is exactly what I need. If I am incorrect, or if there are any caveats, please let me know. Thanks for the great tool!
It's definitely coded to use str2_pc files in the same directory as the asm_pc file: https://github.com/tomjepp/ThomasJe.../ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2/Program.cs#L265

i had an old version and then i downloaded the new version but now i cant do ANYTHING with the new version. when i try to do something the only thing it does is drops the ThomasJepp. file to the location i wanted to extract :( i cant do modding with the new version. i want to update the old customize.item.asm_pc but i dont know how with the new version OR with the old version:oops:

or i have this problem:

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 421
That's a really odd error. You have extracted the files first, I assume?

Thanks!

Does that single command work for updating a single .asm_pc file ?
In what directory was the .asm_pc and the .str2_pc files located when you used this command ?
Which version of the tools did you use for this ?
Thank you.

Back