F-69 VTOL SRTT/SRIV Decals-Textures-Animations-Physics

The F-69 VTOL that is in SRTT and SRIV is one of the sharpest aircraft ever seen in the gaming world and one of the main reasons why I purchaced these games. ( SRTT and SRIV )

I am a 3D modeler and have created a fleet of futuristic air/space vehicles inluding the object geometries, textures and flight physics.

So I have a few technical questions and inquiries regarding the F-69 VTOL.

1- Who designed, created and 3D modeled the F-69 VTOL ?
2- Is it possible to edit the decals and textures or is the SDK required to do so ?
3- Since the Saints F-69 VTOL already has decals, would it be possible to edit them as shown below ?
View attachment 7140

4-Is it possible to edit the textures of the F-69 VTOL to get these results shown below ?
View attachment 7141

View attachment 7142

View attachment 7143

View attachment 7144

View attachment 7162

5- What do you think about the above VTOL texture styles ?
6- If you could customize your VTOL how would you style the textures ?
7- When the SDK becomes available, would you like it to contain the tools needed to be able to fully customize the VTOL textures ?

Please post a reply and let us know.
Thanks.

------------------
A few technical questions regarding the F-69 VTOL spawning animation states in SRTT
that occur in Sunset Park after game completion ( STAG occupation ).

When the F-69 VTOL spawns in Sunset Park it spawns with it's
landing gears in an upright position and
it's wings are set in the straight level flight mode
while the rear upper intake doors are open as show below.
View attachment 7165

View attachment 7166

8- Does the F-69 VTOL spawn like this purposely
or is it a spawning script glitch or oversight ?

While the F-69 VTOL is spawned in this state, if it is bumped
it will then transform into the normal spawn state as shown below.
( Which is also the state it is in after you have landed it and have exited it - all engines shutdown )
View attachment 7167

9- Since the above spawning anomaly occurs,
is it possible to edit the F-69 VTOL code via it's
animation states or spawning states script files ( not sure which files they are )
in order to make it be in the state shown below ?
( Landing gears down, all wings straight, rear intake doors closed and canopy down )
View attachment 7168

Thanks.
My guess on the spawning issue is a glitch in game programming that can be possibly edited in the spawning info file or tweak table.xtbl to be corrected then rebuild the .vpp file with the corrected information. Since gameplay(storyline was completed) the game doesnt see the correct information on where they are supposed to spawn or what position correctly(possibly due to no charater occupying them) and may be corrected if you can use the same coding in correct place that the game uses during story line play. Now this is just an educated guess since i have only been modding the game a short time and maybe someone else already answered this in thread(didnt read whole thread just saw question and didnt want to lose my train of thought). But it is an interesting question and i might look into this if i get free time from my gun mods:p you have an intersting eye for detail voltarox;)

1 - Who designed, created and 3D modeled the F-69 VTOL ?
Justin Miller, who's since switched from Vehicle to Character art. He modeled it, loosely based on a concept from a company called WingKing, but he made a lot of improvements to the design.
Justin did a great job, I really like it.

Justin just said that the decals on the VTOL are distance field, which is a texture that is crunched in a special way. This should be possible with the existing texture cruncher we're released, but it was triggered off perforce attributes on the source art, so I'm looking into how you guys could make it crunch properly now. The first thing that needs to happen of course is finding the decals to begin with...they could be preloaded or something.

In the file sp_vtol01_saints_cust.xtbl there is an image file referenced dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga

If only we could find that texture file, it probably has the saints VTOL decals.

----------------------------------------------------
From the file sp_vtol01_saints_cust.xtbl
----------------------------------------------------
<Component>
<Name>SaintsPRP</Name>
<DisplayName>COMPONENT_OPTION_1</DisplayName>
<Price>0</Price>
<Buyable>no</Buyable>
<No_Backseat_Passengers>no</No_Backseat_Passengers>
<Properties>
<Texture_component>
<Material_list>Body_oneD</Material_list>
<Texture_var_name>Decal_Map</Texture_var_name>
<Texture_bmp_name>dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga</Texture_bmp_name>
<Distance_Field>yes</Distance_Field>
<Null_Component>no</Null_Component>
<Color_Shader_Constant_Name>Decal_Color</Color_Shader_Constant_Name>
<Color>
<Red>132</Red>
<Green>19</Green>
<Blue>123</Blue>

</Color>
<Color_Opacity>1</Color_Opacity>
</Texture_component>
</Properties>
</Component>
------------------------------------------------------------

I have the Special Ops Vehicle pack DLC from Steam
0splopspackt.png

Now if we knew where these files go when they are installed.:confused:

In the file sp_vtol01_saints_cust.xtbl there is an image file referenced dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga

If only we could find that texture file, it probably has the saints VTOL decals.

I tested the Naughty vtol, but the texture is wrapped up in the peg for the vehicle. For mine it was sp_vtol01_dlc_0.*peg_pc. In your example it is probably in sp_vtol01_saints_0.*peg_pc. Check in the str2 file for the vehicle.

I tested the Naughty vtol, but the texture is wrapped up in the peg for the vehicle. For mine it was sp_vtol01_dlc_0.*peg_pc. In your example it is probably in sp_vtol01_saints_0.*peg_pc. Check in the str2 file for the vehicle.
"Naughty" VTOL??

Back