SRV Ideas thread.

How about new activity/diversion with RC Possessor if it comes back (100 bucks that it does): you need some people get caught by the PD and you have a RC gun - just hijack their vehicle and run over some people, get police attention and let them catch your target for a quick cash and respect.

They could quite easily 'accidentally on purpose' crash land on Mars .
I liked some of the vehicles and weapons in the RF games.
But one thing we'll probably never see is the Geomod stuff in Saints Row.
Blimey,open-world gaming would be so boring without the Volition games. :)

Last edited:
Well here are my ideas. For the story the Saints use the time machine to go back in time and kill Zinyak before the Zin invasion even begins thus saving the world. However this creates another reality where the Saints were betrayed by Ultor, Monica Hughes becomes the president instead of the Boss and revives STAG, some of the Saint lieutenats that died are still alive and six new gangs control Stilwater and a heavily modified Steelport. (If you're wondering how it works there would be three gangs in Stilwater and three gangs in Steelport). In terms of gameplay it would be similar to SR3, with the character customization of SR2 and an improve weapon custimization feature. For activities I think they should bring back FUZZ, Septic Avenger, Mayhem (normal, tank and mech), Fight Club, Heli Assault, Hitman, Chopshop and either Saints of Rage or Zombie Uprising. Finally as a bonus for completing the game you can use the powers from SR4 via a toggeble upgrade
briilliat all it would need would be mr toots from red fraction

Yeh :)
I was gonna mention Mr Toots ,but i suppose it's linked to the Geomod stuff.
So it's unlikely.
But I'm sure we'll see some new crazy inventions from the Volition team in the future.
So i suppose it's no biggy.

How about letting players create their own weapons, NPC's, clothing and vehicles through some sort of in-game model editor? It would be a win-win situation for all sides. PC User's don't have to painstakingly edit the ASM files, VPP files, and hex values, console users aren't royally fucked over regarding custom content, Volition won't have to worry about content patches, and finally this will allow both old school fans and newbie's to let their ideas come to life. As for a distribution platform maybe a Steam workshop-esque feature on the already existing modding forum. That is when the modding patch eradicates the Brobdingnagian Sized Great Wall of China's worth of hard coding and memory restrictions.

Oh really. Heard of Skyrim?
Or Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Morrowind, Oblivion.....
Bethsoft has been the most supportive of modders for the longest time. They actually plan the public toolsets into the end of their dev cycles. Wish more developers did that.

I'm talking about from a console perspective allowing that level of model editing on consoles not PC.

I'm not against it, if console titles allowed that too it would be great.
It will never ever, ever, ever, ever, never happen.. Did I say never? In case I didn't, never ever happen.
Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony all have no tamper licensing/policies because they make money through their respective stores by selling add-on content. And they make a "lot" of money doing it.

Back