Fan Wishlist's for SR5

Something I would love to see is integrated mod support, so that right after you've made your downloads from the Steam Workshop, that you can immediately activate all or any of them.
The devs from Cities: Skylines nailed it very well, and I would certainly be happy if Volition gave this much support. Can always dream~.

I'm really interested in Cities:Skylines but haven't played very many city/sim games. Decisions decisions

On the topic of modding and vanilla content let's just hope that this time Volition isn't bogged down by the SR3 engine. (Note why would you use an engine that seem's to be an even bigger pain in the ass to work with than the previous version?) Its pretty annoying that in SR4 you had weapon costumes that could have easily been separate weapons but weren't due to the awful engine restrictions. Like why is the SAW a variant of the M4A1 and why is the M4A1 listed as an AK-Knockoff? Why is the Magnum a variant of the Desert Eagle?

Last edited:
The worst part is losing the clothing options from SR2 (Wear hat forward/side/backwards, wear shirts tucked/untucked/buttoned/unbuttoned).

This is sort of a minor thing, but it always kinda bothered me that the Boss is referred to by neutral pronouns (they/their/them), like he/she's some sorta...weird alien creature or something. I mean, I understand it'd be a pain to record the same line twice just for a pronoun, but still. Sometimes, the game also slips up and uses male pronouns, even if the Boss is female (like in the beginning of the Gat loyalty mission in SRIV, and I think one of Dane's audio logs in GOOH). Kinda breaks the immersion.

Now, I'm not gonna be rioting Volition HQ or anything if the Boss/whoever the protagonist will be in SR5 is referred to by gender neutral pronouns again, but it'd be nice if that was changed.

Last edited:
I agree with @Sighawke , it'd be nice to have the Boss be referred to as him/her depending on gender. Not only does it make the Boss look like a weird alien, but it makes everyone else on the team look like deadbrained idiots for not knowing the gender of their own leader.

I agree with @Sighawke , it'd be nice to have the Boss be referred to as him/her depending on gender. Not only does it make the Boss look like a weird alien, but it makes everyone else on the team look like deadbrained idiots for not knowing the gender of their own leader.
Well in SR2 NPC's would say certain lines depending on the characters gender. For example enemy NPC's will call a female Boss a "bitch" or will refer to a male Boss as an "asshole" while in combat. female NPC's would hit on a male Boss and vice-versa. Also NPC's will react to your choice of clothing as well. Such as being disgusted if the Boss wore the Borat Suit or reacting with adulation if the Boss goes out in a business suit. So i'm hoping they'll bring this back and improve on it. Like enemies alerting nearby friendlies if the Boss is equipped with a certain weapon. As a matter of fact here's some examples I came up with "he\she has an portable LRAD!" "is that a dildo!?" "look out he\she has a grenade launcher." "Is that a fucking mini-gun!?".

Last edited:
I think civilians in SR3 and SRIV also sometimes acknowledge your gender (like when streaking). Kinda sad that random peeps on the street can figure out your gender, but not any of your closest comrades, apparently. :o

I would like to see a few things.

1. Return to the choice system that SR:TT had but make it better. Depending on your actions neighborhoods can turn into larger areas with more buildings, businesses and thrive or work to do the opposite. Turn areas into struggling areas filled with crime.
2. pay into the neighborhoods to build them up, the end result being you have the option to make a giant city filled with skyscrappers and nice looking neighborhoods, of course it's going to be fucking expansive as all hell to change a city.
3. Maybe something solely centered around the drug trade but more of actually setting it up then taking it over like we saw in SR2 with the Sons of Samedi. Build drug labs, fend off police and rival gang raids.
4. Invading gangs. After you become huge I think it would be cool to have occasional gang attacks from outside the cities.
5. Multiple cities. Either on the same map or on a different one, having large multiple cities instead of one would be awesome, maybe even move away from the island layout of a city and try making something on the coast.

Back