SRV Ideas thread.

Time travel is very outdated idea unless they have a very creative one to get around it.
"8 years after owning Steelport and being a major crime organization and celebrity, the Saints was tearing apart after the Boss becoming a drug addict junkie. Now he has to give up the drugs and re-take the Saints from zero."
Niiiceee.
With his allucinatiopn, there would be a lot of stuffs to work on (and it would fit my MC. He is an alcoholic)

@Nordlys
I'd actually rather they go full on Prototype instead of GTA because it evolved from the tired really outdated drug addict junkie phase & stepped into a larger view of possibilities.
The mobster gangsta thug drug junkie is so 90s & small time.
Own a block, neighborhood, city?
TheSaints have grown & became larger then that, they've moved onto grander things.

Evolving Saints Row story doesn't mean they must go Prototype. Here is the example of the crazy flow while keeping things more realistic:

>> Nobody - Small Time - High Roller - Approved Elite Organization - International Defense Force - Presidency/Establishing a Country - Fall of the Saintsland (as the end?)

However, they can turn the theme into fantasy, but it takes real creativity to 'smooth' it out or otherwise it'll be lame and be like those who are typically have no idea how to go on with the series anymore and just mash whatever into it for the sake of the fanboys alone and to keep the company standing.

Like someone said earlier. Alien destroying the white house is something even a primary school kid could write. To me, the story of IV was saved by the returning faces itself. Luckily before I proceed halfway through the IV, I played SR3 and watched the cutscenes of SR1 & 2 on Youtube. And it was a right move because I could understand and more excited by what those returning faces had to say.

As for V, what about Saints Row: Origins? Have it set in a 'Gangs of New York' era. Lots of fisticuffs/knives/whatever's laying about at first. Guns and bullets are hard to come by, though vehicles would be hard hit turning into horses and horse drawn carriages. More open buildings interiors and maybe throw in some mild Parkour.

Or they could do as above but it be in a Steampunk alternate universe, so there'd be magic, inventions, etc to get wacky with.

From the business side of the industry, that would be corporate suicide. You never want to create products that compete against each other. It costs 10s of millions of dollars to develop and publish a single AAA title, catering to a minority by making a completely separate game means heavy losses and eventual (if not guaranteed) bankruptcy. Splitting a franchise like that will never work.

As many people have stated Volition can't exactly raise the stakes any higher. Think about it. The Saints went from a street gang fighting organized crime to a vigilante movement fighting a PMC, to a mega-corporation fighting another PMC, to a spec-ops group, to your typical politicians and now their a massive intergalactic empire with Heaven and Hell backing them up. The only plausible options left would be a soft reboot involving the time-machine where we could potentially see a SR2-SR3 styled game (which would likely piss off new fans), an open-world Timesplitters with different time periods, open worlds, weaponry and gear (which plot wise could be confusing and hard as hell to pull off) or the "New World" option where the Saints end up stranded on a mirror-image Earth and gain powers by scavenging left-over Zin tech (which would likely piss off old school fans).

They weren't indestructible in SaintsRowThe3rd, SaintsRow2 or SaintsRow.
When doing a campaign mission then yes it's understandable having them be a little more durable but in free roaming they should be as vulnerable as the player or the average NPC.
They are already.
If they haven't been upgraded to superhero (through their personal missions), they can go down and will poof and go back to the ship if you don't revive them.
However, doing their personal missions and making them superheros makes them very hard to kill.

Saints row meets Mars Red Faction :)
Not very original ,just a thought.
G.o.o.h reminded me of R.F.G in a small way.
I suppose it was just some of the colours.

I know that, i'm saying it's not necessary to make them invincible after upgrading them to super.
Nothing wrong with them being a little more durable yes by all means. It goes with being super.
Having invincible allies is just another crutch for casual players & justifies it when gamers state games today have been nerfed.
I see. I do agree with that, to a point.

Back