Model viewer?

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Pimp_Slap

As you can see on that article, the picture's description is "Pimp Slap viewed in a model viewer".

A model viewer, now, I wonder, where can I get that model viewer?

My guess, watching the calls to the directx graphics library, to see what the game is telling the graphics card to render model-wise and textures-wise. Very interesting workaround. The problem is while that'd let you get copies of the models as the game uses them, it'd be in whatever they use for that model format. It won't help for changing models in the game, as there's no way to edit the existing models so far (or even really view them aside from some hacky attempts at direct vertex converting).

My guess, watching the calls to the directx graphics library, to see what the game is telling the graphics card to render model-wise and textures-wise. Very interesting workaround. The problem is while that'd let you get copies of the models as the game uses them, it'd be in whatever they use for that model format. It won't help for changing models in the game, as there's no way to edit the existing models so far (or even really view them aside from some hacky attempts at direct vertex converting).
Gondar: no, you'd get them in a format that directx can render, not in whatever format they're stored as in files.

So, is it actually possible for a model viewer? I just need a model viewer, not one that views and can modify them, just so it can view that model, so I don't have to get in the game always just to see how I retextured the guns and such, for example.

Did you try asking the person who made the images?

Nope, and I don't think he's on that wiki anymore either, guess it is still worth a try though.

Years passed, no response from that guy.

Anybody know who TheUnited2012 is? He's the one who was able to get a "model viewer" or so.

Damn, I REALLY want a model viewer.

Back