SR3 Texture Utilities

Thank you scanti for your insight and tools provided, Im working on making camo re-textures of all things mil spec. Including zero dark 30, stag, steelport guard, and most of the camouflaged weapon skins. Suggestions for style? I was thinking multicam or atacs FG. But Im also open to other ideas, feel free to message me.

Once again thank you scanti, without you, idolninja, mikado, and countless others the community would suffer.

I've written the command line program to add a texture to a cpeg_pc file. I'm testing it at the moment.

A problem I've come across is that appending most of cpeg_pc files causes the game to crash. The only cpeg file I've managed to get to work is the sr3_city_awld.cpeg_pc file. (Which is fine as it's always loaded but it's also one of the biggest cpeg files).

I'm not sure whether the engine is just very fussy or I'm doing something wrong.

Edit:

Here's the new version of my tools.

The changes I have made are:

SR3AddTexture - you can now add a texture to a peg archive.

SR3UnpackTextures - I've added an option to try and properly extract the texture from a broken peg archive.

SR3RepackTextures - You now don't need all of the previously unpacked textures to repack a peg archive. If a texture is missing it will use the texture in the original archive.

The add texture utility is very much a beta version as I'm not sure if the issues that cause the game to crash are because of my utility or the game being fussy. As such I'm not going to update the original post with this version until I'm sure it's not something at my end.

Attachments

• SR3TextureUtilities7.7z
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,632
Last edited:
hello! i have just a question about the texture utility i try to extract texture like ,the read me advices, but nothing happend, the window closed very fast ,i can t read anything, and no dds appeared?i ve you an advice or something to try, i m on sr4

I have a problem with this tool : i open the exe and the console just open and exit in the same second and nothing after. I've tried to use it for bring texture from the HD textures for SR3 to SR4 as explain scanti. I tried to read all the topic but my english is very bad and I don't understand all the subtility and i did'nt find the solution on the topic. Thanx in advance, Yauself.

I'm afraid I need help too, I'm pretty lost on this. I have the tool, and the textures, but I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to do with them.

Back