Billboard Texture Toolkit for SRIV

So, it turns out the they_live signs will look for transparency in the image, and then color in what's opaque. I'm sure this was obvious, but I had to check it in game just to be sure.

My question is, would it be possible to change the way these signs work, so that they display the actual image in the file instead?

So, it turns out the they_live signs will look for transparency in the image, and then color in what's opaque. I'm sure this was obvious, but I had to check it in game just to be sure.

My question is, would it be possible to change the way these signs work, so that they display the actual image in the file instead?

Good question! And I dont have an answer...

Would it be possible for you to update the Sr3 one like this because you seem to have worked out the problem that the sr3 billboard patcher had with low settings you have to be touching the bill boards to see the modded ones because I can see the modded ones in Sr4 no problem don't need to touch them so thats why I am wondering.lowsettings and modded billboards don't mix in Sr3

Would it be possible for you to update the Sr3 one like this because you seem to have worked out the problem that the sr3 billboard patcher had with low settings you have to be touching the bill boards to see the modded ones because I can see the modded ones in Sr4 no problem don't need to touch them so thats why I am wondering.lowsettings and modded billboards don't mix in Sr3

Did you read the last page?
I will probably get around to do it in the next week or so. At least, it should be much less work than in SRIV, not having to get rid of Zinyak propaganda.

I am not quite sure why this problem is more prevalent in SRTT than SRIV, since up to now, both tools have basically switched the picture of the normal resolution version of billboards, in both games. And nothing more.

I realized yesterday that the solution for this low res versus normal res billboards was already found a while ago:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/billboard-texture-toolkit.2278/page-3#post-21607

This file [billboard_al.tga.DDS] contains a low res version of all the standard horizontal billboards in the game. So when someone does change a given billboard, ideally, he would also change the equivalent low res version in the billboard_al.tga.DDS file. This file is already included in the SRIV billboard texture toolkit. Once I update the tool for SRTT, modders will have to produce an updated version of that file if they want to minimize that issue of billboards in SRTT not showing the correct image.

On the other hand, the following problem will persist: the fact that the game is showing the low res version even when we are relatively close to the billboard. But at least, it will be the correct image.

I have not yet begun updating the SRTT tool, and it might take another week before I get to it. I kind of prefer discovering the little issues still lying around in the SRIV tool, so that the SRTT version can be produced with the knowledge I accumulate in the SRIV version.

I kind of prefer discovering the little issues still lying around in the SRIV tool, so that the SRTT version can be produced with the knowledge I accumulate in the SRIV version.

That is an excellent, logical way of thinking.:cool:;)
Thanks gameqube.
F-69vtolsaintsrow.png

Last edited:
Hey, that's my post!
Yes, I have edited that before and it DOES contain the LODs- at least for SR:TT.
The problem is making an automatic tool to do that...

The tool could work like:
  • Read individual billboards into memory
  • Place (and re-size) them at the positions set by a(n) .INI file
  • Save to .dds

Yes, automating this would be cool.

In addition to your steps, there would be the important consideration of what third party image editing program would be the least annoying/more friendly to be installed/copied and then used via commands.

Back