Adding Teleports?

What I'd like to do is place teleports at the other simulation "pods" in the ship. So you can go to one and it takes you to Steelport, and another takes you to Pleasantville. Then, what about adding missions and activities to Pleasantville.....and stores.....basically I never want to have to leave. Will this ever be possible. I realize extending Pleasantville may be impossible but what about adding content to your current worlds?

The people of Pleasantville need love too, and I got plenty to go around!

F5E761526F3AD1F2BDB366E3B6ACA7B32BE7116E

Adding duplicate teleports to the world would require hacking the zone file to insert objects into the world. That is the easiest of the things you list here. To get them to do something like teleport you to a specific point really gets into the hard to impossible region quickly. Adding zones to the world or extending existing zones in the world is something we would like to do, but it is pretty far down the line.

Adding duplicate teleports to the world would require hacking the zone file to insert objects into the world. That is the easiest of the things you list here. To get them to do something like teleport you to a specific point really gets into the hard to impossible region quickly. Adding zones to the world or extending existing zones in the world is something we would like to do, but it is pretty far down the line.

What about like how IdolNinja has the key commands which teleport you to Pleasantville, could a teleport basically trigger one of those key commands? For instance, location specific controls. In Idols mod pressing Ctrl+END teleports you to Pleasantville. Could someone make Pressing X at a "new" teleport equal Ctrl+END only when near said teleport? If that makes since.....

What about like how IdolNinja has the key commands which teleport you to Pleasantville, could a teleport basically trigger one of those key commands? For instance, location specific controls. In Idols mod pressing Ctrl+END teleports you to Pleasantville. Could someone make Pressing X at a "new" teleport equal Ctrl+END only when near said teleport? If that makes since.....
The hard part is that the game object once it loads needs to do something special. Getting it to do that will be very hard unless it is an object parameter(I honestly don't know). Idol's teleport stuff works by calling a function to teleport you to a specific set of coordinates, which would be easy to do if the object that teleports holds information like location. Tulip Sniper could probably help us here.

Could the object only hold the information that X=Ctrl END and Idols mod be the back ground function or am I over simplifying this. Basically all the object does is make X activate CTRL+END which then activates Idols mod? (By "X" I mean on the Xbox 360 controller, not unknown variable.)

I guess a simpler idea would be if Idols commands could be location specific so instead of CTRL+END they could be something simple like "press A" when near a certain object...though I get the feeling it's not that easy...

I guess a simpler idea would be if Idols commands could be location specific so instead of CTRL+END they could be something simple like "press A" when near a certain object...though I get the feeling it's not that easy...

I don't know why that would be difficult.
Wouldn't the input by defined by a hex value? And aren't all gamepad-button inputs also given unique hex values?
I'm not positive that that is always the case, though. I just know it has been the few times I've looked in to it with other games/franchises in the past.

Back