So, theres new DLC. Anyone buy yet?

Would you rather not be able to play with your co-op partner because one of you doesn't have the DLC that the other one does? Or not be able to use your DLC in co-op cause your friend doesn't have it? Cause that's what you're asking for. If you don't want to spare the hard drive space necessary for the DLC files then feel free to block automatic-updates. Plus Volition's DLC is relatively cheap compared to Just Cause 2, Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs for example. Whether it's good or not that's a matter of taste.

Volition did screw up badly this time though, enough to make a dent in my confidence at least. A GDHC .50 and a Bezier in DLC might make up for it though :3

Only thing I hate is when a friend of yours gets some of these silly DLCs I sure wouldn't buy (Realism whore, wanna fight 'bout it?) and starts dicking about it.

I feel like simply saying "Fuck you, I don't care, you're not fucking cool, funny, rich or whoever you think you are just for buying it/that/those/dildos"

Yeah, go tell me I'm bitching and whining and moaning and whatever other little cute synonyms you humans put on "human vs human" conversations. I got my reasons, isn't anybody feeling the same? Not caring about DLCs but your friends do and just brag about it?

I know, I know, I could "just remove them", that's what you all typically "fix", but really, it's a bad feeling when you lose a good friend sometimes. I got a lot bored of SR3 just because of that. I beat it by playing SR2. Problem? Yeah, not much of my friends play SR2.

Should ask Volition for a free SR2 weekend, see how cool it still is even without the DLCs.

Personally, this is not the kind of DLC I'll be purchasing.
I got 'm all for SRTT because I got the whole shebang for only 10 bucks, so I paid pennies for this sort of stuff.

Additionally, I find it strange that they still do this kind of DLC when this sort of stuff is likely to be the most produced user-content with the modding tools.
Granted, at this point in time most Saints Row players will not take the franchise as a modding series like TES/Fallout is, so perhaps they can still scrape a few bucks off it, but when it catches on, this sort of stuff will most likely be downloaded as mods instead.

Maybe I'll grab this on sale, but most likely I'll be going without. They don't look like the kind of stuff that I'll be making use of, prefer some story content DLC that actually can only be produced by Volition.

lol Well considering your original post up there made little to no sense Woogie. Please, show me these "facts" that you speak of. Because all I see are people dramatically over complaining. Yeah the patch broke games, its known and shit happens. The whole point is you and other people are making ridiculous overzealous comments and putting down the DEV's for idiotic and childish reasons. There is a clear difference between sharing legit reasons for disliking something and just saying "OH EM GEE THIS IS WHY THQ WENT OUT OF BIZNESS DUH NOW DEEP SILVER IS DOING IT THEY SUXORS!"

You call me a troll, take a look at your posts.

Omega1, I made a general statement and you decided to call ME foolish. Yes I said it after your post but I was not pointing you out specifically as per why I did not quote you.

I didn't say you were calling me out specifically, I was referring to one being foolish for mobbing someone for having an emotional response to something that irritated them, in this case you went on the offensive and basically started mobbing people who had a problem with this issue (yes it is an issue, it was an issue for SRIII and it is now an issue for SRIV).

I stand by what I have stated.

I don't agree with this kind of DLC scheme as it ends up ruining my experience with the game I have purchased, and yes even if you aren't forced to buy the extra bit of crummy content, it is still cut content that was held back and shoved out of the door a few days after the game's release only to end up adding even more insult to injury by being part of a patch that broke the game, and I am leaving it at that.

Last edited:
Only thing I hate is when a friend of yours gets some of these silly DLCs I sure wouldn't buy (Realism whore, wanna fight 'bout it?) and starts dicking about it.

I feel like simply saying "Fuck you, I don't care, you're not fucking cool, funny, rich or whoever you think you are just for buying it/that/those/dildos"

Yeah, go tell me I'm bitching and whining and moaning and whatever other little cute synonyms you humans put on "human vs human" conversations. I got my reasons, isn't anybody feeling the same? Not caring about DLCs but your friends do and just brag about it?

I know, I know, I could "just remove them", that's what you all typically "fix", but really, it's a bad feeling when you lose a good friend sometimes. I got a lot bored of SR3 just because of that. I beat it by playing SR2. Problem? Yeah, not much of my friends play SR2.

Should ask Volition for a free SR2 weekend, see how cool it still is even without the DLCs.

Sounds like you need better friends. And, really, is 2.99 Eu worth of DLC really that much of a luxury? :p

Anyway SR2 co-op and MP never worked for me. If it didn't crash as soon as I connected to a server then the game would be ether too laggy to play or my partners would be disconnected every 30 seconds. SR TT co-op was so-so, it was laggy sometimes but playable most of the time. SR IV on the other hand has been lag-free so far.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need better friends. And, really, is 2.99 Eu worth of DLC really that much of a luxury? :p

Anyway SR2 co-op and MP never worked for me. If it didn't crash as soon as I connected to a server then the game would be ether too laggy to play or my partners would be disconnected every 30 seconds.

Will you be my friend? Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk!

Yes, 2.99, which is 3 Euros don't hide it from me, is actually too much for me. I'm not rich, I'm poor as hell and it doesn't even matter if I finished what they call here Bachelor and a "Module" for welding.

Maybe if all these DLCs were for 1 cent I could probably buy it.

I'm disappointed that Volition/Deep Silver are nickel and diming already.
On the other hand, none of the DLC so far interests me so whatever.

ill wait for a steam sale like @ xmas or next years summer to pick em all up for barely nothing. cant really be asked to shelf out 3 euro each time they trow out minor upgrades/customizations.
i bought the season pass for the actual content add-ons though but ill pass on this stuff.

Back