Fire Immunity not working?

Not sure if this would go here or in Get Help section.

Anyways, I've completed the Silver Blazing Medals Challenge (and gold hoping it would fix it somehow) and supposedly have all 4 levels of fire damage reduction 'purchased' but I still take damage/freak out when taking fire damage.

Is anyone else getting this? or does anyone know of a way to possibly reset upgrades or some kind of remedy?

Did you happen to buy fire 3 after getting fire 4 first? That's how I've run into this bug, as it seems buying 3 after 4 will override it permanently to just level 3 instead. Seemed to work as intended before that happened at least.

after i did the blazing quests, i never even got fire 4
i did get the gold medal rewards though, i figured/hoped fire 4 would unlock after i managed to get fire 3

Did you happen to buy fire 3 after getting fire 4 first? That's how I've run into this bug, as it seems buying 3 after 4 will override it permanently to just level 3 instead. Seemed to work as intended before that happened at least.

argh I feel like this might be the case. Hopefully a future mod or save editor can resolve this.

This is probably likely as I did a lot of side stuff first.

I just confirmed this. I had fire immunity 4 via a challenge and it worked fine. I just purchased fire immunity 3 in the upgrades and it removed my fire immunity completely.

i think the problems with this ability are that

a) you can get it fairly early in the game (i had gotten it before fire 2, then immediately got fire 2 and i guess lost the immunity)
b) it doesnt show up on the list at all untill you have bought fire 3 (atleast it didnt in my game)
c) fire 3 requires you to be a pretty high level to get
d) once you have fire 4 there is no way to unget it and then re-get it to re-enable its ability

possible solutions?
1) devs make a patch that forces the game to always check for fire 4 last, thus ensuring that once you have it, its always in effect
2) on the challange reward for fire 4, make it give fire 1, 2, and 3 before applying 4, regardless of level
3) make the last blazing activity (the one i think that gives you fire 4) unavailable until you have fire 3 (this would make people unhappy but would work)

You know, this happened to me but I thought it was intentional on account of the Buff power having fire immunity on activation. I'll throw my hat in and also confirm this bug, I only had Fire damage 2 when I completed Blazing and bought 3 afterwards.

Back