New Car View

This mod raises the car camera, so you can see more of the road.
Its not for everyone, but I happen to like the higher camera view.
I originally made this for SR3, but never released it.

Technically, what I did was set the min/max value, rather than the "default" value.
Which means... while you are in the car, you cant look up.
Someone else can probably do this better (please do), but until then, here you go...

This is a straight conversion of a file I made and used for SR3.
This time I started with a fresh SR4 file, and changed a few values to match what I used before. And it seems to work just fine.

Custom%20Car%20Cam.jpg

Instructions: Just put the file into your install directory.

Attachments

• HIgher Car View v1.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 2,460
Last edited:
It would be really nice if you could remove the camera snapping while in a vehicle instead so we could have whichever camera angle we wanted.

I believe that value is called "sticky" or something like that. Just set that to false, and that should turn off the snap, when you turn. Like in the SR3 and SR2 mods.

You could always check out the other camera/FOV mods' .xtbl's and see what they changed. Might be a good frame of reference should you intend to continue working on this mod.
Good work so far, useful.

I'm pretty sure what you are looking for is the "follow height" command in vehicle cameras. That or any Y float value.

X = left to right value
Y = height value
Z= zoom in or out

This mod is bugged: with it installed vehicle turrets (like military bulldog or bear etc) can't aim above horizontal level.

It's not the mod.
It's a problem with the default game.

Excellent mod. Was looking to make something like this myself, but this saves me the trouble!

Dunno why the default TP vehicle view is so low... really inhibits enjoyable driving.

(thanks)

Back