Disable Super Power Glow

DisableGlow - Preview.jpg

So I found this annoying, saw some other people did as well. Looked through the table files and butchered some things until it went away. What I found was within matfx.xtbl, there is an effect named "superpower", I deleted the layer that actually contained a texture such that it's applying nothing whenever the effect is called and shouldn't be too mean to the game's process.

The sprint effect and jumps have a separate glow, but I like these, this just removes the texture applied over the player's body.

Edit: Added Screenshot for proof of function I guess.

Edit: If you wish to disable some further effects, you can get file to disable the energy twirl behind the super run here and Ziggy released a file to disable the tracers that flow behind the run, tracers off of hands and feet while jumping, and the side effect of disabling DFA crosshair, which can be found here. All three are compatible as each edits a different xtbl.

If anyone can release a method of getting rid of the purple radial effect of a charged super jump, you will bring joy to many.

Thanks to IdolNinja for being awesome, Minimaul for the tools, and Volition for the game

Attachments

• Disable SuperGlow.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 30,729
Last edited:
Got any Before/After screenshots?

YES. This is exactly what I wanted so thanks. You should also put that it disables the glowing of buildings when using powers as well.. Yay!

Worked lovely for me.. for a while, then my game began CTD'ingin certain parts of the map. Just been messing around so I cant say where it was, but there was certainly one point in which I could not run/drive/jump through without getting a CTD.
Took out this mod and game is back to being stable, may put it back in later and pin point some areas.
Just an assumption but maybe they used the glow for certain effects in the city too? I dunno wild guess.

Worked lovely for me.. for a while, then my game began CTD'ingin certain parts of the map. Just been messing around so I cant say where it was, but there was certainly one point in which I could not run/drive/jump through without getting a CTD.
Took out this mod and game is back to being stable, may put it back in later and pin point some areas.
Just an assumption but maybe they used the glow for certain effects in the city too? I dunno wild guess.
works perfectly for me

Back