Begginer's resources

Sorry if this annoys someone, but after playing some SR3 and Skyrim I picked interest in becoming a modder, of course, the problem is I don't know where to begin. However, what I want to do basically is to be able to model clothes and create other cosmetic things, I already have some photoshop skills and I used to do a bit of modeling a few years back so I guess I just need help in making those things work with the game. I already did some research but I couldn't find anything too useful, apparently I "should" wait until THQ releases a modding tool, but considering that I couldn't find one for Red Fraction: Armageddon, which uses the same engine that's probably not an option.

In any case I'll appreciate if someone can send me or other begginers in the right direction and maybe expand the scene.

We don't have any model converters that I know of. There is a way to convert the textures but we can't put them back without some hex editing trick.

Skyrim will be moddable, the community is way bigger than Saints Row's and it's part of Bethesda's motto.

But THQ won't release any mod tools, so the only hope is that some guy with good understanding of 3D models formats takes on the job. And it's far from an easy one.

Texture modding will probably be a reality though.

This forum is for completed guides and tutorials only. Moved.

I'm having trouble with Gibb's tools. I have extracted the game files using the Recursive Unpacker, but I'm having trouble unpacking the .CVBM_PC and .GVBM_PC files using the Gibbed.Violation.ConvetPeg, or any other Gibb tool. Do I need to place them in a particular location, or modify their properties in some way?

InZane, I don't believe that Rick's/Gibbed's tools support the Saints Row: The Third texture files yet - it's early days and we're still discovering things ;)

You should be able to extract the texture by using convertpeg on the cvpm file. But I think you can't repack it yet.

When I run any Gibb tool, it opens and closes immediately. It doesn't extract anything or give me options for extracting anything.

I really just need a readme file.

So basically, there are almost no tools and people need to figure out how the game works in order to mod it. I should've asked how moddable is SR3 in the first place... at least I know it will be posible to create custom textures.

This forum is for completed guides and tutorials only. Moved.

Sorry about that...

modeling clothes takes a lot more than a guide, it's a whole modeling subject.

I know what I'm getting into.

Back