A Change of Ownership

Hey everyone. I’m sure you’re aware of the events that have transpired over the last few weeks but in case you’re out of the loop, here’s a brief summary.

On February 9th, Saints Row YouTuber Flippy uploaded a video that revealed the troubled history of Saints Row 2’s PC Patch and exposed Minimaul’s contribution (or lack thereof) that essentially jeopardized the project. Less than 24 hours later, Minimaul deleted his mod tools from GitHub and shutdown Saints Row Mods for 5 hours. He has since come to his senses, restored the site, and is currently in works of handing ownership of SRM to MegaFreeman and myself. Besides some minor details that need to be finalized, the site has been officially transferred and Minimaul’s account has been deleted (at his request).

We have no intent to change the site in any way. We simply want to keep the site alive to honor Mike’s legacy and to have SRM remain a haven for the community to share their passion for the Saints Row series. Freeman and I understand it is a big responsibility to hold this position and we are honored to have the opportunity to keep SRM thriving.

As for concerns regarding an administrator hijacking Flippy’s SRM account to slander his character, we believe the issue has been resolved behind the scenes and the proper action has been taken against the responsible party. I assure you that an abuse of administrator power will NEVER happen again. This site is nothing without your trust and we apologies that it was ever tested.

Anyway, I hope this has cleared up any confusion you may have had. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I look forward to enjoying the site together.

- It’s our time now, let’s get this shit started
Time to share this legendary pic from sr2

Attachments

• Saints Row 2_210.png
    Saints Row 2_210.png
    920.1 KB · Views: 119
What an incredible amount of drama it is that I missed while IRL held me away from the SR community.
I am glad to see that most of the drama has worked itself out, and the community [here] will remain.
Welcome to mrsaintsgodzilla21 and MegaFreeman as the new owners. I wish growth and progress to them, the site and the community that uses the site.

Glad to hear SRM isn't going anywhere. mrsaintsgodzilla21, I still remember you, you done a review of my SR1 Texture Pack for Saints Row 2, good jub :)

So what of the Saints Row 2 PC patch now? I know Volition is dead and buried, but are there any updates regarding the future of the PC patch and who would be working on it moving forward? Or is it over and never happening because of everything that has transpired.

Back