Suggestion: add a distinct category for SR2 on emulator

I was pretty pumped when I saw that SR2 with all its content was finally easily available on PC, and even (arguably) working better than the original port. However I haven't seen any mod for this new version yet. Which is unfortunate since I was really hoping this new development would finally allow us to play the ultimate version of SR2 (with all dlcs + community mods).
I do get that the console version of SR2 must be much harder to modify than its PC port. Nevertheless SR1 already has a few interesting mods, so it must be possible to create stuff for SR2 as well.
I feel like having a specific area on the site dedicated to the emulated version of SR2 would incentivize people to create content for this version specifically. And this would, in turn, help it stand out as a viable alternative to the current official PC port...

...until we can get that fabled PC patch.

Nice, I didn't catch that. That's already really helpful. I didn't know that basic mods were already compatible out of the box basically.

Although as Razor Vermillion said themselves :
"Another thing I'm also worried about is the confusion with Xenia mods and PC mods on this forum on which one works for what versions."

I'd just like to know what kind of mods work for Xenia. And ultimately what I'd really like is to see some (those that can work) of the features from Gentleman of the Row remade for Xenia. Unobtainable clothing and vehicles should be possible, maybe the SR1 weapons, maybe even an alternative to sandbox+

Although as Razor Vermillion said themselves :
"Another thing I'm also worried about is the confusion with Xenia mods and PC mods on this forum on which one works for what versions."
If someone knows for sure which of my mods work with Xenia, I'd be happy to put "Xenia Compatible" in the mod post.

Last edited:
I'm all for that idea, It might be a good idea to separate the two seeing how Xenia has become the "optimal" way to play SR2. I can see how having a section to post content specifically about the emulated version would de-clutter the site because people might migrate more and more into making that version modded

How about adding a "Xenia" to a mod title instead of creating a whole new section just for the xenia version?

Back