SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

It's not surprising to me. Most of the DLC Campaigns in the Saints Row Series have consisted of 3 Missions, a few activities and a lot of cosmetics.

If it's anything like the Gangstas In space DLC for SRTT, the missions should be quite long and have a lot of Dialogue between action scenes to get through backstories and character development as you go.

Also it could be like How The Saints Saved Christmas, and the activites/events could be connected directly with the new story as a form of campaign extension.

It's not surprising to me. Most of the DLC Campaigns in the Saints Row Series have consisted of 3 Missions, a few activities and a lot of cosmetics.

If it's anything like the Gangstas In space DLC for SRTT, the missions should be quite long and have a lot of Dialogue between action scenes to get through backstories and character development as you go.

Also it could be like How The Saints Saved Christmas, and the activites/events could be connected directly with the new story as a form of campaign extension.
Really?
I hope you are right because I was expecting Volition to do something similar to Ultor Exposed where the DLCs story is an extention of the main game's story.
Still, I hope it is like How The Saints Saved Christmas and manages to squeeze as much character as possible with the missions and activities....
Too bad one of those activities is wingsuit races.

Gangstas in Space managed to make us hate Andy Zhen in just 3 missions, so it's definitely possible. Just depends on whether they actually do it properly.

Gangstas in Space managed to make us hate Andy Zhen in just 3 missions, so it's definitely possible. Just depends on whether they actually do it properly.
The 1st mission there is enough to make you hate the guy.
Lowenthal nailed the voice acting in making Zhen annoying as fuck.

"CUT! What the hell was that, Jemima?! A CHILD could have made that jump! A crippled child! That was blind!"

Honestly Lowenthal voicing annoying side characters happens too often... Oliver Swanick in Fallout New Vegas is another example:
"YEEEEEAHHHHH WHO WON THE LOTTERY? I DID. SMELL THAT AIR. COULD YOU JUST DRINK IT LIKE BOOZE." * demented laughter *

So far my honest feelings are that it's a smaller package than I wanted, but still surprisingly fun in ways I didn't expect. I'll be real with y'all I didn't expect much beyond ragdolling people and vehicles with the Pain&Gain. Then I find out you can use it to just slingshot yourself short distances straight into a wingsuit glide? Alright, fiiiiiiiine, that's fun, that's a cheeky fun thing.

The new cosmetics are so far a mixed bag. There's a good selection of fun, comfy, and sexy clothes. I've not gotten or found anything like cargo pants yet. It's a small ask.

The new district to it's credit looks very nice, combat feels considerably snappier, and I've not gotten anything super noticeable outside of the odd repeated pause menu bug. Which I can't figure out if it's them or my keyboard futzing out. There definitely seems to be groundwork for more locations, will that pan out? I don't know. It's a small expansion, but still offers an ok amount to do. Two more missions to go and a few more mission specific unlocks. It really seems like they wanna build out the map more, just slowly.

The DLC/Update is kinda good:
+ We got a new story missions that feel like a parody of Fast & Furious movies but they're not super cringy, I mean Gangstas in Space, Trouble with Clones for TT or Enter the Dominatrix for SR4 were worse imo
+ There's also a new district which is small but pretty and it's the first time in SR history we got a map expansion
+ there's a new crib (with interior!!)
+ a new activity that is fun, I mean if you don't enjoy flying the wingsuit you won't like it but I actually enjoyed it and it also gives you new wingsuits after completing them
+ a new vehicle
+ a new weapon which is fun to use especially if you want to launch yourself in air
+ they finally fixed shooting guns, they're more accurate and not annoying to use
+ photo mode

But there are a few things that I don't like:
- The story DLC is short and Chris Hardy is annoying
- There's no new stores: we got one old friendly fire and a fucking kiosk that sells bathtowels and bathrobes...
- there's more "did you know" places but all of them are voice by Chris Hardy and are cringy af
- yea, the cinema is just a building

The DLC/Update is kinda good:
+ We got a new story missions that feel like a parody of Fast & Furious movies but they're not super cringy, I mean Gangstas in Space, Trouble with Clones for TT or Enter the Dominatrix for SR4 were worse imo
+ There's also a new district which is small but pretty and it's the first time in SR history we got a map expansion
+ there's a new crib (with interior!!)
+ a new activity that is fun, I mean if you don't enjoy flying the wingsuit you won't like it but I actually enjoyed it and it also gives you new wingsuits after completing them
+ a new vehicle
+ a new weapon which is fun to use especially if you want to launch yourself in air
+ they finally fixed shooting guns, they're more accurate and not annoying to use
+ photo mode

But there are a few things that I don't like:
- The story DLC is short and Chris Hardy is annoying
- There's no new stores: we got one old friendly fire and a fucking kiosk that sells bathtowels and bathrobes...
- there's more "did you know" places but all of them are voice by Chris Hardy and are cringy af
- yea, the cinema is just a building
Agreed with most of your post, but I have more of an opinion on the 3 Missions.

1st Mission was essentially a stretched out Wanted App post... Which I didn't mind to be honest.

2nd Mission... I would have preferred a mission where we recover the Holographic projector from Marshall, rather than this mission.

3rd Mission... This was meant to be a parody of Fast and Furious, but it was actually a parody of several missions from previous Saints Row games. It started out as a parody of "My name is Cyrus Temple", then turned into the first half of "The Kinzie Gambit", which in itself is a parody of "Heli Assault".

Now onto something a little less fun.
That f***ing cinema!? Why did they hype up that f***ing cinema!? It literally serves no purpose, and there was no reason to stop and explore it!? They could have hyped the mansion, or the new Marshall Threat location that is actually enterable, or even Chicken Ned's new location... But instead they chose to hype up a building that is on the stretch of road where I'm driving at full speed with no intentions of stopping.

Hate that f***ing "Wingsuit Event"... That's all I have to say on that.

The Kiosk... The g*d damn Kiosk. The clothes are fine, I wish there were more than just a purse full of new clothes but whatever... But why another Kiosk, I get that it's easier, but If you're only adding one new Store, make it an enterable building. If you were adding 6 new Stores, then yeah, I wouldn't mind if 4 of them were Kiosks... But this is one new store... Just one. F***ing Kiosks... Stilwater and Steelport never had a single Kiosk, where did they get the idea that these would be a thing we would like to see in a Saints Row game.

You know what, I don't want a Saints Row 2006 & Saints Row 2 Remaster/Remake... Because I don't want all of my favorite stores replaced with Kiosks. They'd probably get rid of the underground shopping Mall and just put a few Kiosks on the surface. G*d f***ing damn it. And they'd probably get rid of Mission Replay too. F*** me.

The only thing I actually like so far is the new HQ, finally we get a Mansion, even if it only has a Bedroom, Armory, and Living Room.

Though I do like Eli & Neenah's New outfits. Kevin's looks better in-game than it did on the poster.

And the last thing... When are we gonna be able to just hang out with the Crew!? What if I want a break from Kevin, Eli, & Neenah? Maybe I want to make some new friends, take 3 of the Crew out on a sky tour of the desert, or take them on the "Fork In The Road" quest, or bring them on a shopping spree. It's a day off, I don't want to call them up just to help me kill some enemies, I want to hang out with them. Go to the beach, go for a drive, a walk in the park... They're not just henchmen, their friends.

Last edited:
I am curious to see what the future holds because at worst, this is markedly better than what Saints Row 3 offered with it's DLC in general. I actually liked the missions, there's some cosmetics I'll probably use, and the new weapon introduced is something I get to keep. Is it smaller than I expected?

Big complaints:
- I don't inherently hate the kiosks, just sell something at them I actually want. The spa clothes aren't poorly made, I just don't need more silly clothes options.
- Gimme the dang minigun permanently.

Now the only thing I've not poked around that I read was apparently some mission dialogue at the start of the game has been adjusted, so I'm half tempted to replay the start for a 4th or 5th time and see if I notice any differences.

- I don't inherently hate the kiosks
What I hate is that it's the only clothing store in the new area. They could at least put a regular one like Impressions somewhere else as a building

- Gimme the dang minigun permanently.
Yea, that sucks you can't still keep it

I'm very worried it's the best DLC out of 3. Second one will be that battle royale, deathmatch, genki arena type of DLC where you fight enemies ine that abandon miner's island (we already got one story mission there) and the third one is larping DLC... with larping district...

I'm very worried it's the best DLC out of 3. Second one will be that battle royale, deathmatch, genki arena type of DLC where you fight enemies ine that abandon miner's island (we already got one story mission there) and the third one is larping DLC... with larping district...
I'm pretty sure in the Discord Server they confirmed that the final DLC is NOT related to Larping, at least not the Dustlanders Larping. I'm thinking it could be cosplay or a small acting community this time.

Back