PhantasyRowSDK - Saints Row 1 Mod Manager/Patch System/User Friendly!

Okay so i'm not the creator of this. If and when the creator comes on site, this thread can be removed and he can post a thread about it.
While this makes modding sr1 very easy, I personally wouldn't mod the game this way. I would put files in there proper vpp containers where they belong.
Saints Row 1 unlike later saint's row games did not have a patch vpp based system. This method trys to mimic that but it can have its own drawbacks.
Throwing everything into this custom vpp can work, but you can experience random issues going about it this way. Such as pegs not loading properly, to random crashes, to stuff not working as intended. I've dabbled in this method for a long time and it seemed great but I kept having weird issues, In the end I threw the files in there proper vpp containers and the issues stopped, so that's just some food for thought. I have nothing against the creators of this by any means at all, since this does simply make modding the game easier, i'm just throwing my experiences up more so as a user beware.
So now that you are well aware let's get into what this is!

As the title says this is a user friendly SDK of sorts to mod the game, much like GoTR for SR2 it's basically a mod manager!
Open the spoiler and read all the important information on what this is, how to use it, and what it does!
Thanks for checking out PhantasyRowSDK!
Make sure to check out the SR1MP Discord server incase you haven't already: discord.gg/KMQ3Df2A6G

------------- NEW IN v1.08 -------------

[ Added Plugin Functionality! ]

Enhance your workflow with modular, drag & drop script support.
To execute plugin scripts, head over to the Developer Mode section and use the command "p [Plugin Name]"
We've created and left some example plugins to help you get started on your adventure.

[ Optimised and Condensed! ]

PhantasyRow now uses its own XEX executable, which loads a seperate VPP for
PRSDK related mods. This'll make things much more lightweight, and it also lets
you seperate modded Saints Row to vanilla; don't feel like playing with mods? Just
load the default.xex!

[ Rehashed BETA Volition video! ]

MrSaintsGodzilla21 himself has created some spectacular authentic
videos for the intro sequence and main menu section of the game for PhantasyRow,
including a remastered version of the OG Bling-Bling style volition logo!

[ Import Custom Songs! ]

Tired of Saints Row's pre-existing setlist? Why not easily import your own
tracks simply by drag and dropping them in the \SDK\Songs folder? Read more
info by typing in 'example' on the PRSDK main menu!

------------- GETTING STARTED -------------

INSTALLING PHANTASYROW:

Optional: edit the config.ini file and set the directory to where you want patches to go if you
want PhantasyRow to sync to your game files instantly

Run PRSDK.bat
Toggle optional mods on/off by inputting the corresponding number
Input P to create your custom patch, if you did not do the optional step then your files can be
found in the MY_CUSTOM_PATCH folder

INSTALLING CUSTOM MODS:

Poot yer xtbl, lua, cts, peg and whatever other files you kidz be usin' these days in the
usermods folder, you should know the rest.

------------- NEW CHEAT CODES -------------

#74677527 - Unlock Pimp Slap

#1337 - Add BadDog car to garage

#52262 - Unlock Kabob

------------- NEW FEATURES -------------

- Added cut hairstyle [Parted Afro]

- Wear shirts in 'crop top' style

- Wear NULL clothing items

- Every clothing store has every clothing item (including the infamous 'Glowing Chains'!)

- Pimp Slap fixed and working in singleplayer

- Police Animations (optional)

- Onscreen PS3 Textures (optional - great for those using Xenia)

- Extended Character Sliders (optional)

- Custom Song Importer

- Remastered BETA Intro Videos

------------- SDK GUIDE -------------

PhantasyRow doubles as its own SDK, thanks to Gibbed's unpacking / packing tools, here's how to
get started:

Place files in the appropriate filetype folder (e.g vpp_xbox2 files in SDK\VPP), you must source
them yourself from your game's packfiles

Enable developer mode by editing the config.ini file and setting DEVELOPERMODE to 'enabled'

In the main menu of the PhantasyRow installer, input 'd' and navigate the menu to decompile what
you want decompiled

The file structure is easy to follow, decompiled files will go in SDK\[FILETYPE]\Extracted

------------- CREDITS -------------

PhantasyRow is the result of hard work from a community of dedicated and passionate modders!

jif
gibbed
godzhand
idolninja
wild grannyz
Zombie9143
Xinerki
Bruhloon
aluigi
SaintsGodzilla21

Attachments

• PhantasyRowSDK8.zip
    34.1 MB · Views: 662
for whatever reason, i cannot get playlists to play music whatsoever. Everytime i try to play anything not even an imported song it doesn't work

for whatever reason, i cannot get playlists to play music whatsoever. Everytime i try to play anything not even an imported song it doesn't work
I never used the custom songs part of it nor any of the pre-included mods. I just used it as a base for a custom vpp to throw everything into for my own test projects. Nothing more so as such, I don't have a answer for you. I'm not the creator of phantasy row as stated in the post.

I never used the custom songs part of it nor any of the pre-included mods. I just used it as a base for a custom vpp to throw everything into for my own test projects. Nothing more so as such, I don't have a answer for you. I'm not the creator of phantasy row as stated in the post.
ok thx then

Is there any plans to add a 60 fps version?
Let me re-iterate this
Okay so i'm not the creator of this. If and when the creator comes on site, this thread can be removed and he can post a thread about it.
However for anybody who wants to try, just open up any 60fps xex you have on hand in any hex editor of your choosing and search for the text string "packfiles\initial_population_files.vpp" and replace it with "packfiles\phantasy_row_assets.vpp" make sure you are overwriting the text and not paste inserting the text as this will more than likely cause issues, such as the xex corrupting and not loading. So once it is overwritten it might end up looking something like this "packfiles\phantasy_row_assets.vpps.vpp" in hex the s.vpp just make the hex bytes be 00 aka null those bytes, then save the xex, launch in game and hope for the best. if it works, great! If not, not much I can do as I have not tried this personally and do not plan to.

If for some reason you can't find the text string, you will have to decompress and or decrypt the xex using a tool such as xextool/xextoolgui. I won't go into deep detail about that. If you really can't or do not want to do any of that feel free to send me a 60fps xex you use, you can gladly dm me a link and i'll make the changes and you can freely test it. However if it doesn't work, I won't be able to help any further.

Last edited:
i dont think jif or i care enough to make our own thread for PR but as some lore ill say we initially intended for PhantasyRow to be JUST LIKE GoTR is for SR2, you can see this with our additions like the ones i personally created such as the parted afro discovery and crop top (zoot pant) option. we both got burnt out finding menial things to add and decided to leave it as a "drop all your shit here" solution. although i will say with the insanely good change this forum has introduced allowing sr1 mods to be readily shared without a level of secrecy could result in it being revived to be what we initially wanted

Back