Alternate Character Customization

So would anyone be able to offer any advice on how to get this mod working? If I just put the file in my cache folder as instructed, the game loads forever when I try to load a save. If I use Minimaul's Stream2Update tool, the game crashes when loading a save instead. I am using other mods as well, but nothing that alters customize_player.vpp_pc. I'm afraid the problem is that the mod is just too far out of date, though I'm hoping someone can offer a suggestion all the same.
Do you have any tattoo, eye, or character customization mods installed? Make sure to uninstall them first.

I finished my last playthrough some time ago now, so I think it's sort of academic. But I guess that depends what you're calling "character customization"? I've got a nude mod, and a couple of customized clothing items, but otherwise no - nothing that alters the eyes, and this was what I wanted to use to modify tattoos. I've got mods that alter the world as well in a few ways - replacing the billboards, altering the water texture, letting me change the colors of items in my wardrobe, removing cooldowns on super powers, and IdolNinja's extra cheats. But as I said, I'm certain there's nothing else installed that changes customize_player.vpp_pc.

So would anyone be able to offer any advice on how to get this mod working? If I just put the file in my cache folder as instructed, the game loads forever when I try to load a save. If I use Minimaul's Stream2Update tool, the game crashes when loading a save instead. I am using other mods as well, but nothing that alters customize_player.vpp_pc. I'm afraid the problem is that the mod is just too far out of date, though I'm hoping someone can offer a suggestion all the same.

Same here

q2rFeQ7.png

I like the new tattoos and face paint from the mod but is there a way to remove the changes done to eyes? I prefer having the eyes being full white or full black.

*Edit
Never mind, I fixed it myself
May I ask how you were able to fix it?

Is this not up to date for the Steam Re-Elected edition? I'm getting infinite loading.

Edit: This specifically happens when using the Freckle Bitch mod posted here. I'm still testing, though, because I've never installed mods before today, so maybe putting them in the mods folder is wrong, heh.

Edit 2: I used the Stream2Update, which only worked if the files were in with the executable, though I've heard I have to put them in the mods folder. I tried both folders and got an infinite loading screen until I used the updater, so that's some progress made. Hopefully I can get this working. ;) Excuse my ignorance, I've never modded this game before lol. (So far this seems to be working. So thanks!)

Last edited:
Back