Epic Games SR4 Re-elected crashing with certain mods

It looks like it's down to the sheer number of clothing items the SRTT clothing mod loads, at least for me. If I trim that mod down to a handful of clothing items, it loads. Smaller clothing mods load. But the SRTT one explodes.

Hey @Minimaul! I remember you well from the old SR forums, along with IdolNinja (may he rest in peace) you guys were amazing modders.

Do you have any idea why I can't get my game to run at all? Not through Steam, Epic, or anything? When I try to load saves, it crashes back to Windows, and even trying to start a new game just causes SRIV to hang indefinitely on the initial splash screens. Volition/Gearbox/DS have been completely silent on this since the "update" yesterday.

It looks like it's down to the sheer number of clothing items the SRTT clothing mod loads, at least for me. If I trim that mod down to a handful of clothing items, it loads. Smaller clothing mods load. But the SRTT one explodes.
Ahhhh that sucks, did they limit the amount Re-Elected can load then? It almost sounds like that's the case

Ahhhh that sucks, did they limit the amount Re-Elected can load then? It almost sounds like that's the case
Most things in the Saints Row games have a fixed number of slots allocated for them. The Workshop mod made a lot of these dynamic so we could load more items - but it may be that this port doesn't have all of those fixes.

Hey @Minimaul! I remember you well from the old SR forums, along with IdolNinja (may he rest in peace) you guys were amazing modders.

Do you have any idea why I can't get my game to run at all? Not through Steam, Epic, or anything? When I try to load saves, it crashes back to Windows, and even trying to start a new game just causes SRIV to hang indefinitely on the initial splash screens. Volition/Gearbox/DS have been completely silent on this since the "update" yesterday.
Afraid not, sorry!

Regarding the limited amount of clothing options for the new Re-Elected patch... I own Re-Elected on the PS4. I bought it back in 2018 and I thought it had less customization options in general, and after playing SRIV on PC and fully completing it, yeah, PS4 Re-Elected lacks many clothing items and customization options. I have no reason why this is the case: eight-generation consoles run laps around SRIV's recommended specs, so it makes no sense for this downgrade. Perhaps this is the reason adding too many customization items crashes the game?
For context, I've provided two comparisons between the PC pre Re-Elected version and PS4 Re-Elected version. Both have a 100% completion rate.
The first example I'll provide is the general lack of hoodies. The PC version has eight options with different designs in Planet Zin alone, while the PS4 version only has four.
20221209173821_1.jpg
Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected_20221209173718.png
The second example is costumes. The PS4 version has three costumes missing (Puckish Rouge, Space Princess, Modern Soldier) on this image alone, with many others missing on every single store. Some items recieved a different translation and don't show up in this picture, but they're still on the game, only ordered differently due to their name change (the Shonen costume had its name changed to Anime and therefore shows up at the top of the list).
20221209173808_1.jpg
Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected_20221209173806.png

All non-workshop mods should go to the root folder (where the exe file is), workshop mods to the "mods" folder but sometimes mods also requires you to replace base game files in the cache folder but everything should be said in the mod description/installation guide
where is that file at? im playing on the epic games version if that makes any difference

By default it should be in C:\Program Files\Epic Games\SaintsRowIV
hey boss, i keep crashing game when i try to insert any mods into root folder (its not vpp-pc, just str2-pc, xtbl or cmorph_pc), idk what im doing wrong (epic games version)

Regarding the limited amount of clothing options for the new Re-Elected patch... I own Re-Elected on the PS4. I bought it back in 2018 and I thought it had less customization options in general, and after playing SRIV on PC and fully completing it, yeah, PS4 Re-Elected lacks many clothing items and customization options. I have no reason why this is the case: eight-generation consoles run laps around SRIV's recommended specs, so it makes no sense for this downgrade. Perhaps this is the reason adding too many customization items crashes the game?
For context, I've provided two comparisons between the PC pre Re-Elected version and PS4 Re-Elected version. Both have a 100% completion rate.
The first example I'll provide is the general lack of hoodies. The PC version has eight options with different designs in Planet Zin alone, while the PS4 version only has four.

okay time for me to either embarrass myself or get it right whilst talking out my ass

so saints row iv re-elected has always been a busted up piece of shit barely working port and something i vividly remember happening was my wardrobe fucking disappearing multiple times. since this was the xbox one or whatever it obviously didn't happen because of mods so it's just a ways to go to think adding more spinning plates on top of whatever was causing vanilla problems probably just causes the game to implode on itself

Back