Epic Games SR4 Re-elected crashing with certain mods

Edit: my bad just realized this is the wrong sub forum for this and that there is a bug section

The NieR hair and Remastered Viola hair etc crashing the game upon selecting them. anything i can do to fix this? Proof that my mod folder is setup correct and At 2:37 in the video i showcase the crash.

It's annoying but i do understand the game just hit Epic today so there would probably be issues
1670524217737.png

hey, i just downloaded the game and i cant figure out how to install mods. what folders to put them in and so on. think ya could help me out?

yes but i cannot find the correct folder to put it in
All non-workshop mods should go to the root folder (where the exe file is), workshop mods to the "mods" folder but sometimes mods also requires you to replace base game files in the cache folder but everything should be said in the mod description/installation guide

A lot of the clothing mods and hair mods need updated for it, I had to uninstall my Workshop clothing mods for the Steam version cus they made me crash when I selected them.

I can't imagine testing and trying to update all of my 140 workshop mods. Devs (Deep Silver, Volition, FishLabs no idea who's responsible for that) released a broken re-elected build that also breaks mods and force us to update them? I don't even know what exactly they broke, what part of the mod crashes the game and I have no idea how to fix them. Everything works fine on the workshop build so all I can recommend rn is: revert the update.

Forget mods, I can't even get the game to simply load or work. Saves don't load, just crashing the game back to Windows, and starting new games is impossible as the game eternally hangs on the initial splash screen. I tried removing all my mods, but that didn't work, at least not for the Steam game.

Removing the mods did allow the game to load when I clicked on the new SRIV icon with the big Epic logo in the SRIV game directory. I could start a new game, and was initially excited when the first cut scene played. But the second I had control of the main character in the first mission, my XBOne controller only has partial functionality. The game is unplayable with a controller, as the analog sticks for character and camera movements fly all over the screen no matter how I set the controller sensitivity.

I've luckily had no problems so far with it besides it crashing from the workshop clothes I previously had installed. All of my other Workshop mods have worked fine and the game actually runs way better and feels way better than it ever did before the Update. Cutscenes no longer seem to be capped at 30 fps also which is nice, keep all this in mind that I also did a fresh install of Windows recently so your mileage may vary. Even the Eye Retexture Project mod still works fine from the Workshop so I'm guessing clothing mods probably don't work just due to the update as a whole, similar to how clothing mods and stuff on this site would break before after updates due to customization_items.xtbl needing an update if any of the workshop mods utilize that file it's probably why.
Edit: It appears only some clothing mods have issues, the Saints Row The Third clothing makes me crash but it appears Admixon's stuff is fine so I'm unaware of what all is affected.

Last edited:
I've luckily had no problems so far with it besides it crashing from the workshop clothes I previously had installed. All of my other Workshop mods have worked fine and the game actually runs way better and feels way better than it ever did before the Update. Cutscenes no longer seem to be capped at 30 fps also which is nice, keep all this in mind that I also did a fresh install of Windows recently so your mileage may vary. Even the Eye Retexture Project mod still works fine from the Workshop so I'm guessing clothing mods probably don't work just due to the update as a whole, similar to how clothing mods and stuff on this site would break before after updates due to customization_items.xtbl needing an update if any of the workshop mods utilize that file it's probably why.
Edit: It appears only some clothing mods have issues, the Saints Row The Third clothing makes me crash but it appears Admixon's stuff is fine so I'm unaware of what all is affected.
It looks like it's down to the sheer number of clothing items the SRTT clothing mod loads, at least for me. If I trim that mod down to a handful of clothing items, it loads. Smaller clothing mods load. But the SRTT one explodes.

Back