Saints Row IV Re-Elected on PC

I'm unsure if I'm excited or not about this, I hope that like SR3 it's a separate product in it's own right on Steam and that the original SR4 remains... Something, I mean it doesn't work right now, but maybe things can be fixed? Would be sad to see all that work go away.

I hope that includes a fix for the Gat out of Hell save issue...or well, I guess our boss will stay like the default one forever in that case. Oh, and maybe they could patch in 60 FPS cutscene support like they mysteriously did for SRTT Remastered too?(Since the game already seems to barely support that possibility). But the announcement it'll be given away for free pretty much confirms Steam is getting that update due to the logo change.

I just hope this doesn't mean EOS will be forced though...more DRM is awesome.

EDIT: Oh right...this could also unfortunately mean the MySteelport Emulator will be no more...
I also hope they add the support for uncapped cutscenes, the 30 fps cutscenes looked good at the time the game released but nowadays they look pretty bad when the game as a whole performs at 60 fps and above. I also am really looking forward to it getting updated cus it's very much needed, the only way to play it currently is with DXVK Async usually to avoid the crashes and instability that the current PC Version of the game is notorious for. The only downside is it means a lot of mods are gonna need updates. Mods that use customization_items.xtbl will need updated and assuming they keep the Workshop support which I hope they do, there might be a possibility a lot of the Workshop mods will also need updates lol but I feel it's worth it to have the game actually work properly.

It's official
1669981046570.png

It's an upgrade, not new entry... I knew it :(

1669981164151.png

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/206420/view/3646256550316263153

Last edited:
I saw the announcement on my Steam Home page, just have to hold out hope that they keep the support for workshop mods in place though with the addition of crossplay and stuff I for some reason am getting the feeling they might remove the workshop support which will suck.
They adding crossplay but they're keeping workshop which is only availalbe on steam? Kinda weird. "Mods should not be affected." what does it mean? Will they leave the workshop or remove it but non workshop mods will still work? It's very unclear

They adding crossplay but they're keeping workshop which is only availalbe on steam? Kinda weird. "Mods should not be affected." what does it mean? Will they leave the workshop or remove it but non workshop mods will still work? It's very unclear
Hopefully it means they're keeping the support for workshop mods for those that wanna mod the game, cus there's a lot of mods that are exclusive to the Workshop that would break if they get rid of it.

Steph confirmed on the discord server that the legacy version will still be accessible and she's been told that workshop mods SHOULD remain unaffected in the re-elected version.

I myself am honestly a little skeptical when they say Mods remain unaffected.
Especially when mods tamper with mechanics of the game, going from one build of a game to another will definitely break something.

They're not fully comparable, but look at Cities Skylines. Whenever a new expansion releases modders get early release builds from the devs so they can update their mods without too much downtime. Modders actually have to clarify in their descriptions if their mod is compatible with the latest build. It never hurts to be wary of the worst case scenario, though luckily those chances are slim for SRIV Re-Elected.

File formats have most likely remained the same, going by what F13 says. So, the tools we have should still work. I'm also extremely glad it's just a patch that introduces crossplay to those boring people that play the game vanilla and don't know the potential that's been wasted. Ignorance is bliss...
Because looking at the SR 2022 reboot and the SRTT Remaster, I believe neither the community nor the devs care about the mods community a lot.
I'd gladly be proven wrong and see a remaster of Kinzie's Toy Box, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back