Saints Row IV Re-Elected on PC

Because according to steamdb the re-elected build won't be a new entry, they're updating the main game
I'm still not seeing the issue here because re-elected is quite literally the same game with a few model and lighting updates. If anything it seems like a regular degular update.

I'm still not seeing the issue here because re-elected is quite literally the same game with a few model and lighting updates. If anything it seems like a regular degular update.
Probably this new version of SRIV might not support mods.. or something else.

No, Re-Elected is a console game ported to PC. Maybe it's still the same game but it's packed differently and because it's a console game it's not moddable at all. Making the game work on PC, adding working not bugged co-op with crossplay, etc sounds great but yeeting whole workshop and making the game not moddable at the same time... sounds terrible

No, Re-Elected is a console game ported to PC. Maybe it's still the same game but it's packed differently and because it's a console game it's not moddable at all. Making the game work on PC, adding working not bugged co-op with crossplay, etc sounds great but yeeting whole workshop and making the game not moddable at the same time... sounds terrible
I have Re-Elected on Microsoft Store. It's almost identical to the original PC port, minus some improved textures and local character sharing. It has the exact same structure, I was even able to extract the VPP_PC files with the current tools. The only reason you can't mod the Microsoft store version is because Microsoft does not allow games on their store to be modded, and frequently verifies the files for any tampering. Volition confirmed before that Workshop support increased sales of SR4, so completely removing that build would be really dumb. Worst case scenario, you might need to opt-in to the Workshop build, like you currently do to access the pre-Workshop build.

I really dig sr4 and not that this isn't great and all, but I dont understand remastering these games when they're so recent and the remasters don't really do anything to fix some of the dated controls (weapon wheel, being shot while under cover) just the visuals.

Don't get me wrong it's nice to look at with the graphical upgrades but I really don't understand why they are so adverse to doing a remaster of the first 2 games when they could really use them, now I understand the sr2 source code was thought to be lost for some time, but now that they have it, why not just go all in? I don't understand how in almost a decade since sr4 we just begged them to go back to a Gang style story yet they continually stick their head in the sand, doubling down on cringey gentrified reboots and remasters

I have Re-Elected on Microsoft Store. It's almost identical to the original PC port, minus some improved textures and local character sharing. It has the exact same structure, I was even able to extract the VPP_PC files with the current tools. The only reason you can't mod the Microsoft store version is because Microsoft does not allow games on their store to be modded, and frequently verifies the files for any tampering. Volition confirmed before that Workshop support increased sales of SR4, so completely removing that build would be really dumb. Worst case scenario, you might need to opt-in to the Workshop build, like you currently do to access the pre-Workshop build.
Great so we can still make mods using the old methods but without the workshop build we can't add anything new to the game. I'm sorry I'm very used to workshop mods and can't imagine playing the game without them

Last edited:
It's coming to Epic Games on December 8th and will be free for a week.

Here's a gameplay footage of Re-Elected PC
And here are some screenshots
Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_03_37.png

Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_06_48.png

Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_07_38.png

Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_08_38.png

Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_09_32.png

Attachments

• Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_03_01.png
    Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_03_01.png
    375 KB · Views: 85
  • Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_09_36.png
    Saints Row IV_ Re-Elected 01_12_2022 17_09_36.png
    10.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that includes a fix for the Gat out of Hell save issue...or well, I guess our boss will stay like the default one forever in that case. Oh, and maybe they could patch in 60 FPS cutscene support like they mysteriously did for SRTT Remastered too?(Since the game already seems to barely support that possibility). But the announcement it'll be given away for free pretty much confirms Steam is getting that update due to the logo change.

I just hope this doesn't mean EOS will be forced though...more DRM is awesome.

EDIT: Oh right...this could also unfortunately mean the MySteelport Emulator will be no more...

Last edited:
Back