What would we like for Saints Row the 2nd?

Anyway, on to more important things, I'd like the next Saints Row game to have a darker tone
That is true, it was kinda hard to take this storyline so seriously, especially when the Boss seemed more like an activity coordinator during the whole "Camping Trip" thing they did with Nahuali.

Also, I think the song "Why can't we be friends" would have worked a lot better at the end, especially when they cut to Nahuali's grave.

M4v3r1ck_13

M4v3r1ck's opinion of the lady brave enough to step up as community manager to replace Mike Watson after he stepped down.

"She's a selfish bitch."
"She IS BAD."
"She's HORRIBLE."
"She deserves all the bombardment tho."
"Fighting fire with napalm is understandable."

It's amazing how a few cropped and cut sentences "taken out of context" can make someone look so toxic...

(This is satire used as an example on how not everything you see on the internet is focused on an unbiased opinion)
OI. that's me.

I'm famous now. YEEHAW!!!
I just need to appear on a video for YouTube from some user defending the Reboot and Steph's attitude... Using my comments as example of why comments like mine makes her act the way she acts.

It's amazing how a few cropped and cut sentences "taken out of context" can make someone look so toxic...
I was way worse than that when I was younger...

Anyway, on to more important things, I'd like the next Saints Row game to have a darker tone
spot-on nameless watches guy that got ignored by playa on the opening cutscene...

That is true, it was kinda hard to take this storyline so seriously, especially when the Boss seemed more like an activity coordinator during the whole "Camping Trip" thing they did with Nahuali.

Also, I think the song "Why can't we be friends" would have worked a lot better at the end, especially when they cut to Nahuali's grave.
It sucks because a more consistent story would've definitely helped the reboot out, bad enough there was a clear lack of cutscenes on some missions that could've easily provided some more context to story events.

Praying Volition keeps that in mind when it comes time to develop a sequel.

Probably this times with Borderlands theme i dont think they would made darker tone of SR again... Saints row Wonderland ?? Probably yes.

Orrr I can just add y'all to my ignore list.💜
Yeah, or you could actually make an argument rather than chicken out at the slightest resistance of your beloved Community Manager. I guess that was too much to ask for from an adult however.
Personally I don't even care about the tone of the game. I've liked every game I've played so far from Volition and I wish for the games to be amazing again rather than mediocre. I even liked SR4 and GooH, and I would rather have a "Matt out of Purgatory" game than another broken mess with unlikeable characters like we got with SR2022.

In my opinion it's naive to expect another sequel at all. I've seen game franchises get discontinued that did a lot better than SR2022. I hope I'm wrong though.

Yeah, or you could actually make an argument rather than chicken out at the slightest resistance of your beloved Community Manager. I guess that was too much to ask for from an adult however.
No, she just knows when to be mature enough to drop an argument with someone who just wants to prove that their opinion is right, and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong.

No, she just knows when to be mature enough to drop an argument with someone who just wants to prove that their opinion is right, and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong.
Haha yeah, saying "lol you wrong" and then blocking everyone is the mature thing to do instead of posting a single piece of evidence that the video I posted is wrong.

I've definitely not made up my mind about the video being 100% true. It's just that at the moment the evidence is looking pretty damning, since DeadlySteph's statements go against THE CEO OF THE COMPANY ITSELF.

But I guess I should just take her word for it.

Haha yeah, saying "lol you wrong" and then blocking everyone is the mature thing to do instead of posting a single piece of evidence that the video I posted is wrong.

I've definitely not made up my mind about the video being 100% true. It's just that at the moment the evidence is looking pretty damning, since DeadlySteph's statements go against THE CEO OF THE COMPANY ITSELF.

But I guess I should just take her word for it.
But that's the point, she wasn't posting facts to prove anything, she was voicing her opinion.

And the fact she has dropped this conversation means she has nothing to prove and no reason to defend the CM, she just wanted to voice her opinion on the matter on a forum designed for such a purpose.

I watched the video, and it definitely doesn't paint her in a good light, so if anything I'd be siding with you guys.

But if someone comes to me with an opposing opinion, I'm not gonna demand that they give me facts to prove that their opinion is valid.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and no one should feel like they need to defend their opinion just for voicing it on a platform of free expression.

Actual Thread Topic:
Before they move onto a sequel, I'd really like to see more "Homies" in the contacts list. And I don't mean contacts who give you activities, I mean people you can call up and cruise around the desert with during freeroam.

And if they're not going to let you whistle over random Saints walking the streets, then they should at least add a contact that sends a car full of random Saints over that will follow you around.

Last edited:
Actual Thread Topic:
Before they move onto a sequel, I'd really like to see more "Homies" in the contacts list. And I don't mean contacts who give you activities, I mean people you can call up and cruise around the desert with during freeroam.

And if they're not going to let you whistle over random Saints walking the streets, then they should at least add a contact that sends a car full of random Saints over that will follow you around.
Agreed, it's odd that we only have the main three. I would've been content if you unlocked the venture quest givers and they have their own perks in combat or something along the lines of that.

I think that any sequel, if there ever is one, is going to have to be created with a lot more attention paid to the entire fanbase, not just some small segment of that population who actually enjoyed SR: 2022. I think the fact that SR:2022 initially sold a ton based only on the legacy of the previous games, and then retail and e-sales just DIED, says a lot about the reception to this game. Also, now that Volition has been absorbed by Gearbox, thanks to the horrible reception to SR:2022, this may literally mean the end of SR as a franchise. Unless, perhaps some dev company can purchase the rights to the copyright or somehow Gearbox becomes interested in developing a future SR.

But other than that, I think SR:2022 may be the last SR game.

Personally I don't even care about the tone of the game. I've liked every game I've played so far from Volition and I wish for the games to be amazing again rather than mediocre. I even liked SR4 and GooH, and I would rather have a "Matt out of Purgatory" game than another broken mess with unlikeable characters like we got with SR2022.

In my opinion it's naive to expect another sequel at all. I've seen game franchises get discontinued that did a lot better than SR2022. I hope I'm wrong though.

Like you, I love EVERY single game, and not just in the past tense, but to this day. SR2 does feel a little clunky in many ways, and a lot of the 2006 SR is dated, but then again, so are GTA III, VC, and San Andreas, and I love all those games, too. I never agreed with all the hate leveled first at SR3 for being so OTT, and then SRIV and GooH for taking it up a notch into the patently absurd.

I think where I part ways with the segment of the SR community that thinks everything that came after SR2 (or in some cases, SRTT) is total crap. Because I admired Volition for bucking the traditional, historic trend of sequels in general. When did we get the idea that a sequel has to be a seemeless transition from one version of a game to the next, with more improvements and updates and such?" I mean, I get that this is a viable strategy, maintain continuity in a series, and it is a perfectly fine way to do things. Halo, GTA, BF, CoD, most racing and sports games, all have a pretty winning formula of making the next game a whole like like an improved version of the last.

But why is this the ONLY way to do things, is what I want to know? What Volition did was actually incredibly brave and innovative in my opinion, choosing to evolve the game in a particular direction, away from the serious and more toward the ridiculously fun absurd.

See, that's the thing, isn't it? It takes a lot of guts to choose a path like that, and for players like me, it paid off. When I want a more grounded SR game, I can mess around in SR2 mostly, since my 360's are both dead lol. If I want something a little more weird and sci fi, but still somewhat gang-centric, there's still SRTT, and when I want just insane, OTT stupid fun, there's SRIV and GooH.

Seriously, how is that a bad thing?

Anyway, sorry about the tangent. On topic, I can't say too much about SR:2022 because I really only got to play the first mission before deciding to refund the game. EG sucks and took me so long to get the game working, I really didn't have time to play more than the first mission, and didn't want my refund window to close. Soooooo it really seemed in that 10-15 minutes of playing the game, that the horrible reviews and universal hatred were deserved.

I'll probably buy it again on Steam, when it ends up on that platform and they offer a HUGE sale, which shouldn't take too long, given I really don't see that game selling well enough on a major platform like Steam to maintain full price.

Last edited:
Back