What would we like for Saints Row the 2nd?

She's a Saints Row CM and there's a big Twitter drama. OGs hate reboot, reboot fans hate OGs, OGs attack reboot fans, Steph and other reboot fans attack OGs and so on. The war never ends and I'm tired of this shit. I sometimes want to leave the community when I see what's going on with it

There is a certain amount of irony here, and I will say that it took so long trying to get SR2022 running on Epic, that I only experienced the first few minutes, completing the first mission before refunding it and deciding to wait for Steam to put it out. I mention that because I can't speak with any authority on SR2022.

That said, I played the hell out of SR on the 360 waaay back in 2006. The thing I first noticed about that game was that it was no GTA clone (as the critics were erroneously calling it) but in many ways, it also felt to me like a next-gen San Andreas. Which I know is a contradiction. My point is that even that game, without any flyables, was still amazing for its time. SR2 came out on the heels of the single most disappointing GTA game to me, and I thought (and still do) that Volition created a masterpiece with it.

Where it started getting interesting, on your point, is that when SRTT came out, it really divided the fanbase. I loved it, but so many people were raging against it, essentially for not being SR2. When SRIV and then GooH came out, it all transposed, and those games were slammed by a lot of fans for NOT being SRTT...and, of course, for not being SRTT.

The arguments over in the official THQ/Volition forums were very heated! lol I suppose its much the same now? :)

The arguments over in the official THQ/Volition forums were very heated! lol I suppose its much the same now? :)
man i remember the days too. they were bad, but at least the culture war aspect wasn't a thing back then. now there are all these fake twitter fanboys forcing their politics into my goddamn video games, back in my day we just complained because we were assholes with enormous victim complexes and we knew it!

man i remember the days too. they were bad, but at least the culture war aspect wasn't a thing back then. now there are all these fake twitter fanboys forcing their politics into my goddamn video games, back in my day we just complained because we were assholes with enormous victim complexes and we knew it!

Yeah, I hear that. Most of the complainers in those forums complained because I...um didn't complain. Sure, Saints Row was never perfect, and it always had an unfinished feel in some ways, but I always liked that about it. Not everyone can spend $265 Million developing a videogame, and I always liked that Volition was able to do admirable work with a fraction of that kind of budget.

As for those old SR Forums, lol it was funny how angry people got when you didn't agree with their hatred of <Insert SR game here>. For me, I love all the old games, and have played them many, many times. Just recently did a 0% to 100% SRIV campaign, and I just snagged SRTT Remastered on Steam, so I will use that as an excuse to jump back into that game.

The only thing I am trying to do now is figure out how to mod SRTT Remastered. I know this forum has some nudity mods, but I am not sure I trust that little Special K program, as I have heard it could be a malicious script. I miss the days of dropping textures into the main directory, and that was that! lol

What's the deal with this Steph person i keep hearing about?
I decided to look this up, and it would seem she's the current Saints Row CM. A CM that happens to talk to people as if they are five years old.
Here's a video that I think summarizes just what a terrible person she is:

And here are some pics from the video in case you don't want to watch it:
She blames the bad reviews on Metacritic on review bombing
1669383390333.png

1669383364099.png

When she's asked why the game is so buggy, she responds with "That's your opinion":
1669383649088.png

At one point she claims disliking the game is... terrorist behaviour:
1669384116464.png

It would seem she got so much flak for her attitude that she decided to protect her Twitter to prevent people from responding to her.
1669383290014.png

Honestly I don't know why she hasn't been replaced yet. Maybe that's coming with the merger. I dunno. But I can't see how fighting fang and claw to protect a game that is so heavily criticized that even the CEO said he's disappointed in the reception is a valid strategy.

Last edited:
I decided to look this up, and it would seem she's the current Saints Row CM. A CM that happens to talk to people as if they are five years old.

View attachment 33969
View attachment 33968
When she's asked why the game is so buggy, she responds with "That's your opinion":
View attachment 33972
View attachment 33973

It would seem she got so much flak for her attitude that she decided to protect her Twitter to prevent people from responding to her.
View attachment 33967

Honestly I don't know why she hasn't been replaced yet. Maybe that's coming with the merger. I dunno. But I can't see how fighting fang and claw to protect a game that is so heavily criticized that even the CEO said he's disappointed in the reception is a valid strategy.

She's a selfish bitch.
There's no other way to describe her and her all high and mighty attitude.

View attachment 33969
View attachment 33968
View attachment 33972
View attachment 33973

View attachment 33967

Just about all of this is untrue lol.

You misunderstood me, everything in that video is taken out of context to make the CM look bad.
Wait, how is "all of that" untrue? The Youtuber seemed to be relaying accurate information about what certainly comes across to me as an arrogant community leader who on the surface at least sure seems like she's acting like a butthurt, petulant child on social media.

What am I missing?

You misunderstood me, everything in that video is taken out of context to make the CM look bad.

She IS BAD... Just kidding... She's HORRIBLE. Not to say something way worse... She deserves all the bombardment tho. Maybe it'll humble her.
If the CM is a piece of work to deal with it. Fighting fire with napalm is understandable.

Back