My Review (Spoiler Free)

After putting considerable time into SRR I can say that it is now my second favorite Saints Row game after SR2. Everything from driving, to mission set up is vastly improved over SRTT and SRIV in my opinion. I haven't encountered that many bugs, but I assume most were patched before I started playing so...keep that in mind. Though I loved the past two SR games, they lacked the exploration and pacing that made SR2 so enjoyable, and for the most part SRR brings that back. The game motivates you to keep exploring, and keep completing missions. Also the side activities to some degree make sense now. You're achieving an objective that's a bit more grounded in the story even when it's a bit crazy. Overall, I am just really addicted to the reboot despite originally being one of it's biggest haters. :p Now....that's not to say it's perfect. While attempting to remove offensive elements they forgot to replace them with something else. It's noticeable. Not a total disaster, but...this is Saints Row. People are expecting some pretty edgy humor here and there. As for the new cast, I personally like them. That's very subjective, but they work for me. The story is pretty straight forward, and I enjoy it's absurdity, though there are a few cringe moments that just didn't hit right with me. Nothing world ending, it just feels like you can only stretch the "Puckish Rogue" concept so far. These people are still cold blooded criminals. In the games defense it is to some degree self aware, but...if you're easily triggered by millennial jokes they might grate on your nerves sometimes. In conclusion, I think it's a great game, and the only thing I'd ask Volition is to not be so uptight with the script of the next one. If Cyberpunk 2077 can not only exist, but thrive with highly controversial subject matter, and jokes, than Saints Row can too.

In my opinion it sort of feels like SR2 a bit, specially the Art style but it's also one of the weakest in the series. But it's still enjoyable enough. I don't like the characters nor the story, they're AWFUL. Everything else is avg at best, but it does have some fun elements on it. It's not a lost cause or complete useless crap as some of the reviews claim. I did enjoyed it for what it offers, and i can't wait for a new update which will come some where in November. Initially i was VERY disappointed when i first saw the first trailer, people were right about the characters... but they're also blindly hating on this game just because of that. It's an ok game with some fun if they give it a chance.

Saint Ileso is a good map, my first impresion was that it was lifeless and boring, but nope it's actually quite charming with all the Neon going on, reminds me of the 80's, specially the Synth Wave radio station. I appreciate that. I seen npc's arguing over a car crashes, camping in the desert, partying and drinking, playing music, talking to each other, setting up fireworks, cops pulling people to the side, crime scenes and all kids of stuff. The city does feel alive, but the AI... it's devoid of any actual intelligence it's completely retarded... they either scream and drop to the ground, run away and sometimes like 1/20 they fight back.

The gun mechanics are... less than ideal, bullets travel in slow motion and spread to wide, the npc enemies are extremely SPONGY, like FOR REAL... explosions seem very underpowered, most of the time they need like 3-4 ROCKETS to the face to die.

I liked the easter eggs and finding all the collectibles, exploring the map, driving around and seeing the city. It really was a nice experience. I like the car and weapon customization, it really feels like a nice upgrade from previous game. The cloth customization is good, it's no where near the level of SR2 but it's definitely better than SR3/4.

I also can't wait for big DLC's for this game, i mean i love Saints Row and this is what we got like it or not... so it is what its. The 65 score overall sounds about right and all those reviews of 20 - 30 are just blind rage. I understand why a lot of people are disappointed, and in a way i am too... I am not into that Gangsta Rap Ghetto crap, but these characters are really plain boring and uncharismatic gen z tik tokers. Awful excuse of a criminal gang.

The whole characters are just horrible and unlikeable, what a downgrade from Gat, Shaundi, Kinzie and Viola... even Pierce it's better as a character.

I pretty much agree with most everything you said. (I didn't mind the cast, but I'm not exactly in love with them.) After completing the game, the story...is basically none existent. Though I enjoy running around in the world, I honestly already forgot most of the story. The cringe moments...they get pretty rough. The final scene was pretty bad. They really leaned into that "we're like, totally cute and silly!" They were way too terrified of offending anyone. I'm very excited about the future patches and DLC though. I think they have an opportunity to really address all these issues and make a great game. It might sound weird, but I'd like a patch that adds a Freckle Bitches shirt or something with the classic logo. Just to say "Hey, we're not all that uptight." Maybe all that shouldn't have bothered me, but it did. Kind of felt like they were setting the tone for someone else that clearly doesn't exist.

After completing the game, the story...is basically none existent.

This has been the universal complaint about sandbox games since GTA III and has been a consistent issue for 21 years now in the genre. Although, I would amend that to "Once I get 100% completion..."

Rockstar has tried to mitigate this, and quite successfully, with GTAO, which is continuously releasing newer and more varied content over the better part of a decade, but honestly this paradigm comes at a price, which is the gross over-monetization of the game.

This has been the universal complaint about sandbox games since GTA III and has been a consistent issue for 21 years now in the genre. Although, I would amend that to "Once I get 100% completion..."

Rockstar has tried to mitigate this, and quite successfully, with GTAO, which is continuously releasing newer and more varied content over the better part of a decade, but honestly this paradigm comes at a price, which is the gross over-monetization of the game.
Sorry to resurrect this, but I actually loved the stories is Saints Row 1-4. Saints Row 2 had some legitimate emotional moments, and all 4 of the original games had really interesting characters with relationships, and stuff like that. This Saints Row really didn't have any of that for me. I didn't care about any of the characters, they had no chemistry between each other, and there was no real crazy twist that stuck with me. Honestly it feels like someone went over this game and stripped out anything remotely shocking or interesting, and then they just shipped it out.

Sorry to resurrect this, but I actually loved the stories is Saints Row 1-4. Saints Row 2 had some legitimate emotional moments, and all 4 of the original games had really interesting characters with relationships, and stuff like that. This Saints Row really didn't have any of that for me. I didn't care about any of the characters, they had no chemistry between each other, and there was no real crazy twist that stuck with me. Honestly it feels like someone went over this game and stripped out anything remotely shocking or interesting, and then they just shipped it out.
I call it The sims row.... The way i see it they can made another simulation game that can compete with the sims game lol.. thats my opinion after seeing reboot.

I call it The sims row.... The way i see it they can made another simulation game that can compete with the sims game lol.. thats my opinion after seeing reboot.
It seriously has The Sims 4 feel.

It seriously has The Sims 4 feel.
Im glad not the only one feel the same thing.... The toaster jokes almost like could be the sims character react how their cheap stuff broken and they complaint with funny face ...

Back